Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Odd HVAC Behavior

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Folks,

On a recent 4 hr road trip, I noticed what I believe is an odd behavior that my Model 3 is doing. I do not normally have rear passengers, but this time I had my both of my kids in the back.

With the temperature set between 68-70F and set to Auto, it seems the car is putting out what my wife and I think is an air temp that “feels right”, but we kept getting complaints from the rear peanut gallery that it was too hot.

I noticed the rear air vents were discharging considerably hotter air than the fronts.

Anyone experience something similar?

Folks,

On a recent 4 hr road trip, I noticed what I believe is an odd behavior that my Model 3 is doing. I do not normally have rear passengers, but this time I had my both of my kids in the back.

With the temperature set between 68-70F and set to Auto, it seems the car is putting out what my wife and I think is an air temp that “feels right”, but we kept getting complaints from the rear peanut gallery that it was too hot.

I noticed the rear air vents were discharging considerably hotter air than the fronts.

Anyone experience something similar?
This exact same thing happened yesterday in my first road trip. While the temp was set on 68 the rear vents were putting out, I'd say, 75-78 degree air. And I just had my M3 into the sc for another complaint about the hvac system and they ran a scan on everything and it all came back 'fine'.

Just another quirk of this car it seems. :/

Reactions: pl8dlikafiddle