Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Odd issue looking for similar

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have had my 2016 model S for about 3 years and what happened today is at least the 3rd time it has happened. The first time I noticed it was about 1.5 years ago, I was headed to a supercharger and the car started pre-conditioning, when I pulled in the charger parking lot (at over 50% charge) I got the car might not restart etc. warning. I parked to supercharge and when it was done all the errors cleared. Today's episode was me attempting to heat the cabin before I left. At about 30 min prior to leaving , I went into my app and turned the heat on and my seat heater, when I got in the car to leave I was greeted with you cannot drive etc, and a whole list of errors. I had to take my wife's car. I got home tonight and on a whim, I went out and got in my car, changed the direction selector to R and everything is fine again.

Does this mean the DC-DC converter is faulty? The 12v battery is less than a year old.

20221112_080647.jpg

Just speculating here but seeing as both times you encountered this error, you were running the heater (preconditioning for supercharging and cabin preheat), you may want to focus your search on the PTC heater. That could also just be coincidence as well.

I am sure someone here will have a better idea of what might be going on.