Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Odometer

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Both my wife and I have experienced extremely high readings on our Odometer. With my mileage sitting at 13500 since April and my wife’s at 10000 this seems extremely high and inaccurate.

Has anyone had any problems or experienced any higher mileage being recorded?

My only thoughts are is that it could be registered in km but displaying miles?

Checked the odometer with a short journey this morning against google maps and the short trip did appear accurate.

Having changed the miles to km and back it is still showing as is.

Will keep an eye on the routes and figures over the next week and see.

Extremely suspect behind the numbers though, considering minimal long journeys and only had the car 10 months

Checked the odometer with a short journey this morning against google maps and the short trip did appear accurate.

Extremely suspect behind the numbers though, considering minimal long journeys and only had the car 10 months
What happened when you changed to Km, did it change as expected.

Also what does the app say?

I've just had a quick check with 1 of the longer journeys I did the other week, 60.4 miles is what Google maps says, and 60.6 is what was logged for that in teslamate, so while 0.2 miles different, that could have been caused by the odd "lane choice" etc on bends and what not. Overall that seems to be about right.

I hope you get to the bottom of your quandaries.

I think you’d be well to look at your average daily trips as you may be suprised - long journeys usually not a big impact as they are infrequent to get an idea my wife drives 50 miles round trip per day and over the year that adds up to about 10,000 miles excluding holidays etc.

10,000 miles per year is only 27 miles per day.

Reactions: APotatoGod

I had car for 10 months and already have 20 k miles :))

caveat is my office is 150 miles away from home. But I go there once a week only. so it averages out as 30 mile a day trip to office daily. It is not super extra ordinary.

In your case, 10k -15k miles over 10 months is like 1000 - 1500 miles a month on average. which is 30 - 50 miles a day. nothing super strange here

Having assessed this against my previous car mileage and usage I have come to the conclusion that I’m driving the car more as it’s more enjoyable than a Toyota Yaris.

Checked the km to miles switch in the app and on the car and is consistent.

Trips checked against google maps appear accurate as well.

Mystery solved… there is no mystery lol