Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New MY, always making steering corrections, as if driving in crosswind

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2024 MY LR, 2K miles, 1 month old.

Any speed over 50mph, it feels like I am always having to make tiny steering corrections, the same feeling as if driving in a crosswind. It feels like I am a bad driver. Never experienced this before in any other vehicle. Tires are Pirelli Scorpion MS, all pressures 41-42psi, car tracks straight, so not an alignment issue. Just always feels like I have to make tiny steering corrections. Makes any long trips really uncomfortable. Many different roads, all in good repair. I can feel the corrections, and so can my passenger. Happens for my wife too; she thought it was just her.

Anyone else experience this? I will make a service request, but just wanted to hear if anyone else experienced similar.

i don't use autopilot/FSD, but i get the correction warning a few times per day. happens on the freeway going 80mph and on local road going 35mph. its annoying and i'm within the lines... i'm not sure but seems more frequent within the past 2 weeks or so. might be the new update?

also, i don't feel anything on the steering wheel.

i don't use autopilot/FSD, but i get the correction warning a few times per day. happens on the freeway going 80mph and on local road going 35mph. its annoying and i'm within the lines... i'm not sure but seems more frequent within the past 2 weeks or so. might be the new update?

also, i don't feel anything on the steering wheel.
I assume you mean the Lane Departure Warning? You can turn that off if you don’t like what it’s doing. You can also configure it to vibrate the wheel (or not). Maybe your cameras need to be recalibrated, which you can do yourself in the Controls > Service menu.

• Informative
Reactions: Skavatar
FWIW, the SO and I took a +3000 mile trip from NJ to Dallas and back in a 2021 MY. For a $RANDOM reason, while getting the tires rotated at AAA, I asked them to check the wheel alignment.

Glad I did: The toe was off on both front and back due to misadjustments of both the front left and rear left wheels.

Neither of us could remember any bang-the-car event in the past few years that might've done that and the car happens to be on the original tires.

A little judicious reading around these parts since then have revealed other posters who, either by noting odd tire wear or Just Getting It Checked Because They Always Have Done That, discovered that the delivered cars have been out of alignment.

And, just speaking generically from having owned cars for decades, Once In A While One Gets An Out Of Round Tire. Not common, but it does happen. As do unbalanced wheels.

A four wheel alignment, unfortunately, is not going to be done by a mobile tech. AAA did mine for around $150. YMMV.

Reactions: Skavatar