Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla App Issue

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey Teslanians

Just started experiencing some funky issues with the Tesla app. My wife's MYLR profile is not impacted, she is able to control climate, get an accurate depiction of miles/% left, odometer reading, etc. Yet when it comes to my MYP, within the app, the odometer is missing at the bottom, climate command timeout, "last seen 6 hours ago" just keeps spinning, mileage isn't update. The Tesla widget allows me to activate the hot keys, like opening door, climate, locking/unlock. In fact, I am able to drive the car normally as I tried around my parking lot.

Essentially for my profile, the app just keeps spinning at the top left without updating the mileage left info nor can I activate sentry mode...

Plausible solutions are ineffective where as I've deleted and reinstalled app, turned phone off and on several times. Only thing left to be done is a hard reset of the car itself but not sure if that will do anything successful with the app but I plan to try it when I get home from work shortly.

I've put in a service order for a mobile technician this Friday so let's see but hoping it' a bug that just cures itself in the coming hours.

Thanks in advance for any advice...

hard reset of the car itself but not sure if that will do anything successful

Not sure what you mean by a “hard reset.” The first thing to always do when there is an issue is to reboot the car by pressing both scroll buttons until the screen goes blank (5-10 seconds). It will take about 1-2 minutes before the car comes back to life. You can even do this while driving, you just won’t have the display for a bit.

Not sure what you mean by a “hard reset.” The first thing to always do when there is an issue is to reboot the car by pressing both scroll buttons until the screen goes blank (5-10 seconds). It will take about 1-2 minutes before the car comes back to life. You can even do this while driving, you just won’t have the display for a bit.
Yes that’s what a hard reset is. Funny thing is, the minute I get home, the app is fine. Must be an AT&T thing with being at work, *sugar* service

Yes that’s what a hard reset is. Funny thing is, the minute I get home, the app is fine. Must be an AT&T thing with being at work, *sugar* service

Or, your phone connecting to your work wireless and it not allowing that traffic out. Next time you are at work, turn off your wifi on your phone and see if it works.

Note that this comment of "work not allowing that traffic out" is something I have experienced directly, where I work, so its not speculation that this "could" happen. No idea how your network is setup at work though, but an easy test is not being on the work wifi when at work, and see if you can connect then.

Most larger companies are either blocking or Massively applying bandwith limitations to many outside network connections, and the Tesla app uses its own internal vpn to connect.

Hey Teslanians

Just started experiencing some funky issues with the Tesla app. My wife's MYLR profile is not impacted, she is able to control climate, get an accurate depiction of miles/% left, odometer reading, etc. Yet when it comes to my MYP, within the app, the odometer is missing at the bottom, climate command timeout, "last seen 6 hours ago" just keeps spinning, mileage isn't update. The Tesla widget allows me to activate the hot keys, like opening door, climate, locking/unlock. In fact, I am able to drive the car normally as I tried around my parking lot.

Essentially for my profile, the app just keeps spinning at the top left without updating the mileage left info nor can I activate sentry mode...

Plausible solutions are ineffective where as I've deleted and reinstalled app, turned phone off and on several times. Only thing left to be done is a hard reset of the car itself but not sure if that will do anything successful with the app but I plan to try it when I get home from work shortly.

I've put in a service order for a mobile technician this Friday so let's see but hoping it' a bug that just cures itself in the coming hours.

Thanks in advance for any advice...
First, check to see if you have any updates waiting to install. Touch the Car icon on the lower left of the screen then touch software. Update if it's ready.
If that didn't fix the problem, then do the hard reset of holding down both steering wheel scroll buttons at the same time until the UI goes blank.