TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

OFFER MONTH TO MONTH LEASE OPTION FOR THOSE THAT WANT AWD

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by DrivingTheFuture, Mar 24, 2017.

Tags:
  1. DrivingTheFuture

Please bump this thread. Would be a good solution for those of us who want Performance AWD version of Model 3 but don't want to wait an additional 9 months

• Disagree x 5
  2. Gouldness

Gouldness Gould times ahead.

I'm no economics major but the depreciation in the first 1 month, let alone 9 would make that "lease" payment in the multi-thousands. Maybe recouped by the $7,500 fed tax credit (if they qualified).

3. DrivingTheFuture

To be clear, I'm talking about taking delivery of the RWD initial release cars and paying month to month to drive that and not be stuck with nothing, then option to purchase out of it to your dream AWD car. Tesla could surely turn around and sell the RWD as a CPO model at only a slight discount and still make money on the whole deal...

4. DrivingTheFuture

You're kidding right? A lease payment in the multithousands for a 35k dollar car? And in case you weren't aware Tesla's don't depreciate quite like other cars... It's still hard to find a Model S under 35 grand even if it is a 5 year old 40kwh version with over a 100k miles on it...

5. Az_Rael

Az_Rael Supporting Member

• Funny x 1
  6. eSpiritIV

eSpiritIV Member

I gave Elon a tween this AM telling him it is a disapointment if after waiting in line day one, that i cant get an AWD car delivered or at least ordered within the tax credit window

• Like x 1
  7. calisnow

calisnow Active Member

Lololololol.

8. calisnow

calisnow Active Member

Lololol. Yes. So disappointing. Crushing really. Must tell Elon he let you down. Do you feel better now?

• Like x 2
    • Disagree x 1
  9. DrivingTheFuture

Why do I keep coming back to the Model 3 forum when it has degraded to this degenerative collection. I fair thee all well never to return again... Screenshot_20170325-053457.jpg

• Like x 1