Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Old car, new owner

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all, I am new here. I recently acquired a late 2016 Model S, and could use some advice.

I need new wiper blades. Every website gives me sizes that are not listed in the owner's manual. The manual lists 26 and 20 inches... so why do these other sites always want to give me 28 and 18 (or 19)? Is it because it is a late 2016, after the style change? Or is my manual somehow wrong?

Speaking of the manual, although I can see it in the app, the owner's manual that I look at in the car has no information. I can tap on individual headings, but there is no content. I simply get a blank screen on the bottom, where I assume information should be listed. Any idea how what's up with that?

And one more thing (for now, lol). The rear door handle on the driver's side stays 'presented'. All others work correctly. For a while, it would cycle back and forth every time I got in the car, but now it stays in present position all the time. Any easy fix? I am pretty intimidated by the thought of getting inside the door itself; I am old, and certainly no mechanic. I live in a rural area, and am not aware of anyone nearby that operates on these things, lol. It took several calls just to find someone that would replace a tire!

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Hi all, I am new here. I recently acquired a late 2016 Model S, and could use some advice.

I need new wiper blades. Every website gives me sizes that are not listed in the owner's manual. The manual lists 26 and 20 inches... so why do these other sites always want to give me 28 and 18 (or 19)? Is it because it is a late 2016, after the style change? Or is my manual somehow wrong?

Speaking of the manual, although I can see it in the app, the owner's manual that I look at in the car has no information. I can tap on individual headings, but there is no content. I simply get a blank screen on the bottom, where I assume information should be listed. Any idea how what's up with that?

And one more thing (for now, lol). The rear door handle on the driver's side stays 'presented'. All others work correctly. For a while, it would cycle back and forth every time I got in the car, but now it stays in present position all the time. Any easy fix? I am pretty intimidated by the thought of getting inside the door itself; I am old, and certainly no mechanic. I live in a rural area, and am not aware of anyone nearby that operates on these things, lol. It took several calls just to find someone that would replace a tire!

I buy the blades at Costco. Unless you're handy the door handle will need to be replaced by Tesla unless you can find another EV repair near you.
Check Services | 057 Technology Those guys may at least know someone and they're good to know for battery health.

Don't know about in car manual; mine works (Jun 2016 MS) but I have the upgraded MCU. The manual is available in your Tesla account online or here:Model S Owner's Manual | Tesla

I need new wiper blades.
Buy them from the Tesla store accessable the the Tesla App, scroll right...

Tesla has do it yourself vids on blades and filters.

Sure, you have MCU1 probably and everything is slow to load.

Forums are your Friend. Tesla service, not so much, except for Mobile Service, which will come out and fix the very common door handle problem for a few hundred bucks.