Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Old TPMS with new Model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi folks, I have a new 2018 Model S75D and Winter Tires/Wheels from my old 2014 Model S. Those have the older TPMS sensors in them that were compatible with the older 2014 Model S.

So a few questions:
  1. Will those older TPMS sensors work with the new Model S, or do I need to buy new TPMS sensors and have them installed in my winter wheels?
  2. If they aren't compatible, what kind of warnings/errors will I get?
  3. If I need new TPMS sensors, are those only sourced from Tesla or are there other options? (you could get TPMS compatible with the older 2014 Model S from TireRack and they were significantly cheaper)

1no,
2probably get a tire pressure warning
3. no you can buy them from tire rack...there are only two manufactures of the TPMS systems anyway.. if memory serves tesla uses the continental brand...

Thanks for all the responses. Does anyone have links/recommended sensors for current generation (2018 S75D) model?

Car did great in the 3-4 inches we have today but it will be like a snowmobile with AWD + my Nokkians once I sort out the TPMS stuff :)

Tire Rack had the ones for the new car.

Old/2014 Model S85:
Old TPMS 20140913.jpg
New 2018 Model S75D:
New TPMS 20181118.jpg
$242.25 delivered. Will confirm once they're in and installed that they did the trick in case anyone else goes through the same thing.