Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

One last try: P85+ MC Red 2014 ALL OPTIONS at time of order but child seats $74900

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think most people forget the part how much fun a P85+ really is to *drive*. Everyone is now so focused on the AP which will evolve further anyway and there will be another point where more hardware is added and then suddenly all current AP cars are considered "worthless". It's a constant cycle of chasing the latest tech. Every day when I get in the car to drive, I still always feel the thrill of driving something that is so far ahead of all the gas guzzling competition out there and for me it's always been about the fun of driving, no matter what car I had. Of course, hindsight I would have waited 5 more months if I would have known that NOT having the AP would screw me over so bad in the end!! It'd like Apple hardware. Who buys an iPhone 6s when they KNOW that the iPhone 7 is around the corner?

Did you just decide to keep it?

No. I got 75k for it, what it was really worth. Big lesson learned though since this was my first high-end car and I had no idea going into it, that Teslas are pretty much like iPhones now. Once some new, interesting hardware update comes out, it becomes next to impossible to get a fair return for your car. Now all the original AP cars are worthless with the new AP cameras and sensors being available on new cars and impossible to retrofit on older ones.
I feel for everyone who bought just before the hardware change, just like I did back in 2014...
Next Tesla will be a lease :)

No. I got 75k for it, what it was really worth. Big lesson learned though since this was my first high-end car and I had no idea going into it, that Teslas are pretty much like iPhones now. Once some new, interesting hardware update comes out, it becomes next to impossible to get a fair return for your car. Now all the original AP cars are worthless with the new AP cameras and sensors being available on new cars and impossible to retrofit on older ones.
I feel for everyone who bought just before the hardware change, just like I did back in 2014...
Next Tesla will be a lease :)

wow
you did amazing considering you can buy almost identical P85D for about 7K more