Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

One time (changing charge level) feature for trips

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I would love to see a "one time" (changing charge level) feature for trips.

The added feature could work as follows: When you slide the charge level up to the desired level for your one time trip, a pop-up button will then appear asking if you would like set to this charge level permanently. If you (do not) press the button, the charge level will return to previous setting at the next charging.

I believe this feature would make trips way more convenient, because you won`t have to remember to change your charge level back to your daily setting.

Last edited:
Reactions: Brettski

The added feature could work as follows: When you slide the charge level up to the desired level for your one time trip, a pop-up button will then appear asking if you would like set to this charge level permanently. If you (do not) press the button, the charge level will return to previous setting at the next charging.

I believe this feature would make trips way more convenient, because you won`t have to remember to change your charge level back to your daily setting.
I agree. I’d also like the same functionality for scheduled charging. Sometimes I’d be fine to wait till midnight for charging to start - but I’d hate to have my charging limited to less than I need if I plugged in and expected charging to start immediately.

Reactions: audiofan

If you forget, the car reminds you after three days.

• Informative
Reactions: boaterva
Yeah, I changed our 3 to get more charging beyond the 80% while it was on a trip and oops came back and the HPWC charged it to 100. Eek...

Took it out for a spin to run it off. :D

Knew I forgot something when GF got home with the car, even when I planned to reset this! A reminder or even a geolocated reset would be wonderful.

Reactions: Brettski