Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ontario EV Application Form

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ok, So I am picking up my Model 3 today and wanted to get started on the application form. I have downloaded it and am filling in what I can. A few questions for those that have already filled out and submitted:

1. In field B4 Lease Duration (months), this field is mandatory, but I am not leasing I am buying this car. What do I put?
2. In field B15 Applicant's Registrant Identification Number (RIN), I am assuming this is my Tesla registration number, i.e. RN109131XXX. Is this correct?

Any other helpful hints that would be beneficial?

Thanks in advanced, I am so pumped...11am can't come soon enough and then the news yesterday about the rebate is amazing. I am sorry for all those that are going to miss the cutoff, it really does suck and I absolutely hate Ford and the PC"s.
I am so thankful for Tesla putting up any type of fight, even though in the long run it will cost all Ontario tax payers, because of the lawyers fees and our courts time, but that is on Ford and PC's.

#1. I believe I put in 0 or N/A on my form.
#2. Your RIN should be your Driver's License # but I've seen on the forums that people that are either transferring plates or registering with more than one person on title may have a different number assigned.

Fill out the form on your computer as much as you can and save the file. Print and sign. Attach all the necessary documents, the filled form you saved as a file, and a scan of your signed copy and email it to the ministry. Should be all set.

• Informative
Reactions: Dutch24
#1. I believe I put in 0 or N/A on my form.
#2. Your RIN should be your Driver's License # but I've seen on the forums that people that are either transferring plates or registering with more than one person on title may have a different number assigned.

Fill out the form on your computer as much as you can and save the file. Print and sign. Attach all the necessary documents, the filled form you saved as a file, and a scan of your signed copy and email it to the ministry. Should be all set.
Thank you for the reply, submitting paper work today.