TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Onyx Black Wheels in the Wild

Discussion in 'Model X' started by Slappy32, Feb 16, 2016.

1. Slappy32

Slappy32 Member

My friend in Marina del Rey saw this Sig White with Onyx Black wheels today. Sorry for the terrible photo quality, it was taken via FaceTime.

IMG_3704.jpg

2. MBTesLosAngeles

Do they know for sure it was Sig??? If it's sig, these are after market wheels... looks great though!

3. vandacca

vandacca Active Member

If that's indeed a Signature, then those must be after-market wheels or Tesla's wheels have been customized (Xpel, powder coat, etc.). Signature holders didn't have access to the Onyx Black Rims.

4. goneskiian

goneskiian Active Member

This is Brett's Sig. Those are the 20's that he had plastidipped...

Pearl White Exterior Model X Photos - Page 4

5. Whocares

Whocares Member

That's next to my favorite dive bar I believe this is the one on Pearl White beauty shot page, if so he did a rubber paint type technique. I am waiting for my Pearl White as well, I now going to hop on my new Red Momentum bicycle (Valentine gift) and check it out. Even if it's an old pic, worst case scenario I take a quick coast line ride in 84o weather on my shiny new bike, reward might be an eXceptional payoff, at the very least a cold beer. Keeping busy, to stop obsessing about vins and delivery......................

6. Slappy32

Slappy32 Member

Sorry for the false alarm. It was a Signature model for sure.

7. goneskiian

goneskiian Active Member

Er, actually Brett's wifes Sig! ;-)

8. supratachophobia

supratachophobia Active Member

Don't ever take a photo with that bad of quality ever again. You've done the world a disservice.

9. Slappy32

Slappy32 Member

Haha, I won't. Being a member of the Onyx wheel club, I know everyone who order them are chomping at the bit to see them. My friend wasn't able to take an actual picture because his phone is completely full with pictures already, so I did a screenshot via FaceTime on my phone. Voila!