TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Open Roadster Service Manual

Discussion in 'Roadster' started by marco2228, May 25, 2014.

1. marco2228

marco2228 Roadster Signature #34

I think it's a good idea to start a new thread for this topic because the #34 thread is getting too big and unstructured.

So lets start with collecting all kinds of information about the Roadster which are hard to find or not accessible anymore. Later on we could split these information into categories like:
    -ESS
    -PEM
    -car/bodywork
    -wiring diagrams
    -etc.

Also it would be great to know which parts were used from Lotus or are swappable with Lotusparts.

________________________________________________________________________________

List of Lotus parts:
    -Windshield Elise MK2
    -rear window
    -window mechanism in the door
    -Airbags (both, except the badge)
    -Airbag Control Unit

Things that seem to be identical but have to be verified:
    -ANTI ROLL BAR DROP LINK
    -REAR TOE LINK INNER SPHERICAL JOINT

Just found this. It has some great information in it which can be used for the Roadster:
    LOTUS SERVICE MANUALS

2. dhrivnak

dhrivnak Active Member

Should we keep all the information here? A sub - forum with additional sub - forums as you suggested? I think that is a good idea to start.

3. Cottonwood

Cottonwood Roadster#433, Model S#S37

I recommend starting a Wiki with a parallel thread here. The Wiki is a great place to archive the assembled info, and the thread is a great place for on-going discussion.

4. Fabrizio

Fabrizio Member

The tensioning cable for the soft roof is Lotus part number C116V0064H - Soft Top Tensioning Centre Adjust (there are two versions, one is end adjust - that is the wrong cable). You will need two of the centre adjust cables for the front and back of the soft roof. The entire Roadster soft roof is the same as the Elise S2 soft roof. MyLotusGarage.com has nice parts diagrams and pricing for Lotus parts.

5. hrtchkr

hrtchkr Member

I think you are responding to my question on another thread. If so, thanks for the info Fabrizio. I'll check it out.

6. djp

djp Roadster 2.0 VIN939

7. Jaff

Jaff Active Member

8. ElectricLove

ElectricLove Member

This thread will be super helpful for me, I'm rebuilding the front end of my roadster. Needs body and electrical work on the front, manuals will prove very helpful!

9. Plastic Surgeon

If you need help, PM me. (I have just about finished fixing a front end) Happy to share knowledge.

10. Mark77a

Mark77a Member

GREAT Idea !!

Admins .. please can you set up a separate Roadster Wiki area ? ..
    TMC is already a wonderful resource, but ist almost too full and take some deep diving to find info.
    A wiki would really help to organise this info .. what works what doesn't,
    best practices, diagrams, tear down pix, etc etc

One of my hopes for 'the big roadster' promise is for Tesla to realease their own factory manuals for the roadster .. why not ? they just released their patents !!

11. NigelM

NigelM Recovering Member

That facility is already available to members. Look at the black menu bar at the top of this screen. Click on Wiki and then on the red button "+Post New Article". Everything after that is self explanatory.

12. Mark77a

Mark77a Member