Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Open Source Teslalogger on Raspberry / Docker with ScanMyTesla integration

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How do you get it to appear on a browser screen at the moment?

You must setup port forwarding in your router, so you can access it trough the browser in your Tesla.

20191113_084544_admin (Large).jpg

We have actually more than 10 test users without any problems. I'll send you a link to the beta image. You can import your TeslaFi data.

Got it up and running yesterday, pulled in 19 months of TeslaFi data (only took ~1 hour), and got ScanMyTesla data pulling in too. Pretty cool! How big does the database get over time? I've only got it running on a 32GB card so I'm curious if I'm going to need something bigger or if external storage is an option.

Got it up and running yesterday, pulled in 19 months of TeslaFi data (only took ~1 hour), and got ScanMyTesla data pulling in too. Pretty cool! How big does the database get over time? I've only got it running on a 32GB card so I'm curious if I'm going to need something bigger or if external storage is an option.

Im still using the old RasperryPi 3B with a 16GB Card since 1,5 Years / 35000mls + 6 Months of ScanMyTesla Data. That all is 75MB of Database an my SD Card has still 10GB of free Blocks. So it will pretty much last longer than my car :)

upload_2020-5-14_18-54-35.png

upload_2020-5-14_18-55-36.png

Reactions: bedoig
I currently run TeslaMate on a Pi3, but I am very interested in giving Teslalogger a try. A couple of questions:

- will this work on a Pi Zero W?
- can you import data from TeslaMate?

I didn't test it on a Pi Zero W, but I think it is very slow. I woldn't recomand it.
Actually we don't have an import tool from TeslaMate - just for TeslaFi. But we get more and more requests about an import tool.

Any benefits on this over TeslaMate? I don't use ScanMyTesla - and seems both forked from the same base, looking at the repo, I can't see anything that stands out (outside of ScanMyTesla).

You can compare your projected range and charging curve with all other teslalogger users. If you want to sell your car, you can make much more money, if you can prove your car is much better then other cars. Or if your car is worse than other cars, you may have better arguments against tesla motors.

We are working on identifying bad batteries, but you need ScanMyTesla for that. We need signals for that which are not comming from tesla API.

Can you install this on an existing Debian 9 install? I have an existing home server that due to some other services I can’t run docker on. Can I run it natively connecting to an existing mariaDB instance?

Can you install this on an existing Debian 9 install? I have an existing home server that due to some other services I can’t run docker on. Can I run it natively connecting to an existing mariaDB instance?

yes, it is possible. You can find everything you need in the dockerfile:
bassmaster187/TeslaLogger

So basically what you need is:
- All the files from my github repository.
- Mono Version 5.20.1.34 or any 5.x Mono version. Make sure you won't use Mono 6.x as it has a CPU leak problem! see: CPU usage increasing after a few hours · Issue #158 · bassmaster187/TeslaLogger
- Grafana 6.3.5 is tested. May work with other versions.
- Mariadb - i think any version should go.

create database from /docker-entrypoint-initdb.d/sqlschema.sql
copy all files from docker to given folder.
so copy files from /TeslaLogger/bin to /etc/teslalogger
and so on. You can see the paths in dockerfile:
volumes:
- ./TeslaLogger/www:/var/www/html
- ./TeslaLogger/bin:/etc/teslalogger
- ./TeslaLogger/GrafanaDashboards/:/var/lib/grafana/dashboards/
- ./TeslaLogger/GrafanaPlugins/:/var/lib/grafana/plugins
- teslalogger-grafana-usr:/usr/share/grafana/
- ./docker/teslalogger/Dockerfile:/tmp/teslalogger-DOCKER
- teslalogger-tmp:/tmp/

Set Connectionstring as described in:

make sure, "Server" points to your existing server. If it runs on the same machine, you have to use localhost.

if you have any problems, PM me.

Reactions: awaghorn
yes, it is possible. You can find everything you need in the dockerfile:

So basically what you need is:
- All the files from my github repository.
- Mono Version 5.20.1.34 or any 5.x Mono version. Make sure you won't use Mono 6.x as it has a CPU leak problem! see: CPU usage increasing after a few hours · Issue #158 · bassmaster187/TeslaLogger
- Grafana 6.3.5 is tested. May work with other versions.
- Mariadb - i think any version should go.

create database from /docker-entrypoint-initdb.d/sqlschema.sql
copy all files from docker to given folder.
so copy files from /TeslaLogger/bin to /etc/teslalogger
and so on. You can see the paths in dockerfile:
volumes:
- ./TeslaLogger/www:/var/www/html
- ./TeslaLogger/bin:/etc/teslalogger
- ./TeslaLogger/GrafanaDashboards/:/var/lib/grafana/dashboards/
- ./TeslaLogger/GrafanaPlugins/:/var/lib/grafana/plugins
- teslalogger-grafana-usr:/usr/share/grafana/
- ./docker/teslalogger/Dockerfile:/tmp/teslalogger-DOCKER
- teslalogger-tmp:/tmp/

Set Connectionstring as described in:

make sure, "Server" points to your existing server. If it runs on the same machine, you have to use localhost.

if you have any problems, PM me.
Thanks for coming back to me. There isn't an easy way (other than changing the source and recompiling) to change the paths is there? Some of these will clash with other stuff on the server (or are in places that I don't think are correct and hence mess up backups - e.g. etc is for config not executables)?

Thanks for coming back to me. There isn't an easy way (other than changing the source and recompiling) to change the paths is there? Some of these will clash with other stuff on the server (or are in places that I don't think are correct and hence mess up backups - e.g. etc is for config not executables)?

Which paths are the Problem? /etc/teslalogger is pretty much everywhere, but I don't think this would be a show stopper.
For all other paths we could find a fast solution.

Not one of the devs but I've played with this stuff a bit. Speaking from experience, you're likely to run into far more issues outside of Docker than you are within it, including but not limited to what you've already mentioned. It's really designed for operation via Docker as they have it. It's nice of them to point out that you can do it without, but I feel it is my duty as a developer to point out that they're being too nice about things they probably don't intend to support :p

If there's any way you can get Docker working that'll be way better for the future (esp. if you need to take an update, they add/remove something, etc.). You can customise the compose file if you want to do something like re-use a MariaDB instance that's already running on the host, but still use dockerized components for the rest.

Source: I have a very messed up Linux partition due to trying to skip Docker for too many things while keeping each thing happy.

Last edited:
You must setup port forwarding in your router, so you can access it trough the browser in your Tesla.

View attachment 539131

And how can one do that?
I got a raspberry and Teslalogger from you,but i'm not very good with computers, browsers and etc..., so i can only access Teslalogger when i'm at home and even when i do i can't get much info from it....
I still get all my info from TeslaFi and ScanMyTesta

And how can one do that?
I got a raspberry and Teslalogger from you,but i'm not very good with computers, browsers and etc..., so i can only access Teslalogger when i'm at home and even when i do i can't get much info from it....
I still get all my info from TeslaFi and ScanMyTesta

Try to find someone who can set it up in your router. There are many routers out there, so I can't give you a step by step instuction. You basically need a port forwarding to Port 80 and 3000 to your raspberry and a dyndns address or similar.