Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Opening Falcon Wing Door without fob

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Each day my wife walks up to the car and the front door opens but the falcon wing door will not open unless she uses the control panel in the car or the fob. She wants to be able to open the falcon wing door by pressing the door handle. We’ve played with settings and I’ve searched online and everything that shows us is related to manually opening the falcon wing door, not how to use the outside handle. The outside handle only works once the she has already opened the doors at least once some other way. Is there anyway to just unlock all the doors with either the fob or just so you can walk up to it and press any door to open based on having the fob on you (like every other car on the market)?

Each day my wife walks up to the car and the front door opens but the falcon wing door will not open unless she uses the control panel in the car or the fob. She wants to be able to open the falcon wing door by pressing the door handle. We’ve played with settings and I’ve searched online and everything that shows us is related to manually opening the falcon wing door, not how to use the outside handle. The outside handle only works once the she has already opened the doors at least once some other way. Is there anyway to just unlock all the doors with either the fob or just so you can walk up to it and press any door to open based on having the fob on you (like every other car on the market)?
You can set your preference as shown in the manual. I just ran a test and when the setting is 'on' the FWD's will not open. When you turn the setting 'off' the FWD's will open with a push on the outside handle.
Screenshot Door unlock mode 2020-12-23 104944.jpg

The outside handles on my X were always a bit stiff. I couldn't just push right in the middle of the handle unless I pushed really hard. The square end didn't seem to budge at all. The best solution I found was to just push the pointy end. Could this be your wife's problem?