Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Prerefresh 21 X doors won’t open sometimes

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all,

Hopefully you all can help me figure this out. Over the past few days both FWD and passenger front door won’t open with exterior door handle. Opens fine from key fob or interior screen but they won’t open when pressing the exterior handle. Occasionally they will open, and when one works they all work. Does unlocking car unlock all doors? For example, if I have driver door open, should all the other doors be able to open from door handle? What am I doing wrong?

Hi all,

Hopefully you all can help me figure this out. Over the past few days both FWD and passenger front door won’t open with exterior door handle. Opens fine from key fob or interior screen but they won’t open when pressing the exterior handle. Occasionally they will open, and when one works they all work. Does unlocking car unlock all doors? For example, if I have driver door open, should all the other doors be able to open from door handle? What am I doing wrong?
Unlocking mode is configurable. Driver door only, or all doors. I‘m not absolutely sure, but this setting may also be tied to driver profile.