Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Opinions on two wheel designs?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Sam1

Sep 11, 2019
NV
These are not made yet, but wanted to get your opinions on the design. This is setup for a Jeep, so the offsets and center cap configuration are different than what they would be on a CT.

With the CT specs, the face would be much more shallow than what is pictured. The center cap/hub would be flat and not have the cone design.

I am up in the air on removing the faux beadlocks and just making the lip smooth. I do like having the additional surfaces on the edges of the spokes since that would allow to offset the color with polishing or accenting with matching paint for colored wraps etc.

ctwheel.png

This design looks cool, but I have conflicting feelings on it. Not sure if the carve outs on the lip accent the spokes in a good way, or if I should blend the spokes smoothly into the lip. Ignore the incorrect lug layout, this is just a stock image from the database.

ctwheel2.jpeg

What's your honest opinion on the existing pics or the potential changes?

Reactions: scottf200
It is your vehicle do what you want to it. My personal opinion is that these types of deep dish rims look like crap.
They won't be deep on the CT. Also not going on my vehicles, seeking input on the designs themselves from CT owners/future owners for potential production.

<edit> That specific image is a -35et and the CT is +58.5et so you're looking at about 90mm variation in depth between the photo and what would fit the CT.