Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor New Mayde Wheel Covers Just Released | Uberturbine Style | For 18" Tesla Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Exclusive to TMC members we are offering a limited time 10% off discount 😃 on select Model 3 and Model Y wheel covers! The wheel covers featured in this post are eligible!

To access the discount, you can purchase through this link: Save 10% with promo code 10TSLAMOTORS | Amazon.com

Or apply the discount code: 10TSLAMOTORS at checkout on Amazon.

Any issues or questions using the discount code, please let me know! Enjoy y'all!

Reactions: enemji
anyone have any updates on matching center caps?

these are on a 20" Turbine and seem to be the closest match i can find.

Attachments

• IMG_4010.PNG
    IMG_4010.PNG
    4 MB · Views: 168
Can anyone that has been using these for a bit provide an update on these? Have they scratched your rims? Do you like to smooth middle vs the OEM clones?
I've had mine since April. I take them off and put them back on at least once a month for cleaning wheels. They have not scratched or scuffed the painted rims. (I have mine ceramic coated, though). None of the clips have broken off. They are way easier to remove and replace than the stock aero wheels. The metal clips of the stock aero covers DO gouge and scratch the crap out of your rims. I've driven a long distance trip recently and they haven't come off, so they stay on very well despite being much easier to remove. The clips are plastic with foam on them to provide a tight fit without damaging the paint of the rims.

As far as efficiency they are pretty much on par with the stock aero.

The big issue I've found is the foam strips on the clips coming off. But as you can see Mayde For Auto sends replacement strips.

These wheel covers are a big improvement over the stock aero in durability, looks, and ease of use. AND they don't damage the stock rims like the stock aero does.

I purchased these in August and am already seeing damage to my rims. The 5 pieces just around the center that make a star have rubbed off the finish on each fork of each rim. I can't see how this isn't a known design defect. I would not recommend these to anyone.

Attachments

• IMG_2526.jpeg
    IMG_2526.jpeg
    576.4 KB · Views: 65
  • IMG_2527.jpeg
    IMG_2527.jpeg
    651 KB · Views: 64
I purchased these in August and am already seeing damage to my rims. The 5 pieces just around the center that make a star have rubbed off the finish on each fork of each rim. I can't see how this isn't a known design defect. I would not recommend these to anyone.
I have the same problem. Mayde wheel cover is clearly rubbing on the rims at the same areas. Only fix is to put foam strips where they rub. Downside is that they even less flush to the rims and stick out slightly by like a 1mm or two.

Attachments

• Edwood_MaydeWheelCover_RimDamage_01.jpg
    Edwood_MaydeWheelCover_RimDamage_01.jpg
    640.5 KB · Views: 34
  • Edwood_MaydeWheelCover_RimDamage_02.jpg
    Edwood_MaydeWheelCover_RimDamage_02.jpg
    424.3 KB · Views: 31
  • Edwood_MaydeWheelCover_RimDamage_03.jpg
    Edwood_MaydeWheelCover_RimDamage_03.jpg
    607.1 KB · Views: 36
I have the same problem. Mayde wheel cover is clearly rubbing on the rims at the same areas. Only fix is to put foam strips where they rub. Downside is that they even less flush to the rims and stick out slightly by like a 1mm or two.
I'm sorry that this happened to you as well Edwood. In reaching out to Jordan on here and Mayde directly, it is clear they know about the issue, yet continue to sell these defective hubcaps. I intend to share my experience so people can make an informed decision when choosing which aftermarket accessories to purchase. A replacement set of rims installed was quoted to me at over $1900. The restitution for these damages should be covered by Mayde. Their contact information is below.

CUSTOMER SERVICE​