Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Optimum Protectant Plus - White Interior

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ok so I did a search before posting this but I wasn't able to find anything on Optimum Protectant Plus. (same company that makes the ONR)
I used to use this on all my cars interior before with great results.

I know Tesla recommends only water to clean but has anyone used this product on their white seats?

Thanks in advance.

I personally use Optimum Protectant Plus on my black interior Teslas and previously used on a light tan Kia Sedonna minivan. It is meant to be used on leather and plastic (vegan leather, door panels, dash). It has a mild leather like scent and provides mild cleaning ability (comparible to ONR). It also conntains UV inhibitors (prevent sun damage) as well as some abrasion protection (makes seats slightly more slick but nothing crazy). Generally, I apply with microfiber applicator with 2-3 sprays to cover one entire front seat. Can spray directly on seat but prefer overspray control by spraying into applicator instead. If used regularly should maintain the appearance of your interior. If significantly soiled, I would step up cleaning power using Optimum Power Clean diluted 1:10 (1 part power clean to 10 parts water) and scrub with microfiber towel. Follow up with standard ONR solution wipe down to remove OPC residue.

I personally use Optimum Protectant Plus on my black interior Teslas and previously used on a light tan Kia Sedonna minivan. It is meant to be used on leather and plastic (vegan leather, door panels, dash). It has a mild leather like scent and provides mild cleaning ability (comparible to ONR). It also conntains UV inhibitors (prevent sun damage) as well as some abrasion protection (makes seats slightly more slick but nothing crazy). Generally, I apply with microfiber applicator with 2-3 sprays to cover one entire front seat. Can spray directly on seat but prefer overspray control by spraying into applicator instead. If used regularly should maintain the appearance of your interior. If significantly soiled, I would step up cleaning power using Optimum Power Clean diluted 1:10 (1 part power clean to 10 parts water) and scrub with microfiber towel. Follow up with standard ONR solution wipe down to remove OPC residue.
Yea I love their lineup of products and have used it on all my cars.
Just didn't know with the manual stating to just use water and saying if you use something else it might damage the finish?

How are your black interior seats holding up?

Yea I love their lineup of products and have used it on all my cars.
Just didn't know with the manual stating to just use water and saying if you use something else it might damage the finish?

How are your black interior seats holding up?
Generally good after two years on my Model 3. Driver's side left seat bolster is starting to develop a small crease but that's probably from me being lazy and sliding my butt into the seat instead of placing it. Holding up better than the leatherette seats in my previous BMW 328 Touring which actually cracked after about 5 years of use. Our Model Y is too new as we only got it less than two weeks ago.

Generally good after two years on my Model 3. Driver's side left seat bolster is starting to develop a small crease but that's probably from me being lazy and sliding my butt into the seat instead of placing it. Holding up better than the leatherette seats in my previous BMW 328 Touring which actually cracked after about 5 years of use. Our Model Y is too new as we only got it less than two weeks ago.
Good to know it is holding up well. I will just continue to use OPT on the inside. Thanks!

Ok so I did a search before posting this but I wasn't able to find anything on Optimum Protectant Plus. (same company that makes the ONR)
I used to use this on all my cars interior before with great results.

I know Tesla recommends only water to clean but has anyone used this product on their white seats?

Thanks in advance.
Have used it for several years on my 2019 Model 3P and 2020 Model XLR white seats. It works great to reduce abrasion, stains, etc. for a couple weeks. Absolutely no problem using this on the Tesla Vegan "Leather" in white or black.

Have used it for several years on my 2019 Model 3P and 2020 Model XLR white seats. It works great to reduce abrasion, stains, etc. for a couple weeks. Absolutely no problem using this on the Tesla Vegan "Leather" in white or black.
Sweet! Thanks for the insight!
Yea I just applied it all over the car including the seats and so far so good.