Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Options to Fix Rim Curb Rash: Tesla Mobile Service or Service Center?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey everyone,

I recently got some curb rash on my Tesla's rims and I'm trying to figure out the best way to get it fixed. Does Tesla's mobile service handle this kind of repair, or would I need to visit a service center? If the service center is the only option, I'm a bit concerned since the nearest one is 200 miles away from me.

Alternatively, would it be better to go with a third-party rim repair service? I'd love to hear your experiences and recommendations.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Attachments

• IMG_8455.jpeg
    IMG_8455.jpeg
    993.3 KB · Views: 7
Fixing a curb rash means sanding it down and respraying it. Mobile service definitely don't do that, and SCs dont do that type of work either.
Any 3rd party can do a good job at that because it's not considered a complex job.

Hey everyone,

I recently got some curb rash on my Tesla's rims and I'm trying to figure out the best way to get it fixed. Does Tesla's mobile service handle this kind of repair, or would I need to visit a service center? If the service center is the only option, I'm a bit concerned since the nearest one is 200 miles away from me.

Alternatively, would it be better to go with a third-party rim repair service? I'd love to hear your experiences and recommendations.

Thanks in advance for your help! Explore now
In all of my years of driving, I have always been exclusively a corner spot, tight to the curb parker and I have never so much as nicked a rim. That streak ended today :tmi:😡 I already have a call into the local Service and Parts team for a quote on a replacement rim. Having never done this before, I have no clue if repair is feasible or what that looks like. Yes I know there are many things worse that can happen to us on a daily basis, but this still just hurts

I curbed my passenger side front wheel. Got a quote for $200 to repair/repaint. Instead, I went on Amazon and bought some plastic snap-on covers that completely hide any and all curb rash, as well as offering protection for the next time you bump up against some concrete. Install took a whopping 8 seconds per wheel and my wife and friends STILL have no clue I added these plastic covers to the wheels. I go through a conveyor belt automatic car wash almost daily (I know, I know…) and the covers look brand new despite the daily washes.

EVOOOR Model Y All-in-one Wheel Rim Protector for Tesla Model Y 21'' Uberturbine Wheel - Strips for Curb Rash Prevention - Set of 4 Rim Protector Easy to Install(Gunpowder,21'') https://a.co/d/hghj06Y

I curbed my passenger side front wheel. Got a quote for $200 to repair/repaint. Instead, I went on Amazon and bought some plastic snap-on covers that completely hide any and all curb rash, as well as offering protection for the next time you bump up against some concrete. Install took a whopping 8 seconds per wheel and my wife and friends STILL have no clue I added these plastic covers to the wheels. I go through a conveyor belt automatic car wash almost daily (I know, I know…) and the covers look brand new despite the daily washes.

EVOOOR Model Y All-in-one Wheel Rim Protector for Tesla Model Y 21'' Uberturbine Wheel - Strips for Curb Rash Prevention - Set of 4 Rim Protector Easy to Install(Gunpowder,21'') Amazon.com
i love their computer generated render where the rim in 'before' state magically scratched only inside the spokes

716f5saLweL._AC_SL1500_.jpg