Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Order Page Not Showing Estimated Delivery Date

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Are you working with anyone at a Tesla store or was it an exclusive online purchase?

If with a store, the advisor can give you an update. I have the same showing from a 7/27 order and he called me to give me a delivery estimate of 8/22

Just noticed you are from my neck of the woods. Are you working with someone from Dania or Aventura?

I'm in Pembroke Pines and working with the Aventura location.

Update: After calling my local Tesla earlier this morning, had me aware that my portfolio was done, and should expect delivery in September. Just an Hour ago, just received the Famous Tesla Delivery Message: "We currently expect your Model Y to be ready for delivery 4-7 weeks from today."

Not sure what's normal for Tesla but judging by what I've been seeing, you should've received at least a "window" by now.

I'd try to reach out again to see if they can provide you with an email address that way you can start documenting your correspondences.

According to your order date of 07/03 and initial estimate of 4 to 6 weeks, I'd hope you'd at least have received your VIN by now.

You might also want to check out the "Tow Hitch Waiting Room" thread. There are some people who've been waiting for a while.

I'll keep you updated on my order.

I called yesterday afternoon and the lady said it's weird I don't have an estimated delivery time frame. Offered to put me in one of the performance models they have currently in stock but I said I'd wait. Then a few hours later I got a text message from Tesla saying my car will be ready for delivery in 2 - 4 weeks. Hopefully that's true.

I called yesterday afternoon and the lady said it's weird I don't have an estimated delivery time frame. Offered to put me in one of the performance models they have currently in stock but I said I'd wait. Then a few hours later I got a text message from Tesla saying my car will be ready for delivery in 2 - 4 weeks. Hopefully that's true.

Yay! 2-4 weeks works out to be longer than your initial estimate but at least you have something to work with...PROGRESS.

Hoping they stick to this new timeline :)

Reactions: Velcade
Ordered 7/19, just got notified to make delivery appointment which will be 8/27. No VIN listed yet though. Estimate was 4-8 when ordered. Delivery estimate on account page never updated from what it showed when I ordered until today when the delivery appt was made.

My order page also doesn’t show an estimated delivery date but I did get a text a few days back saying to expect my car in 1-2 weeks. My page also says they are drafting a contract and will let me know when to pay. Anyone know what kind of timeline I should expect from this point on? Thanks

As promised, here's my update:

I received my VIN today!!!

Recap:

08/01: ordered All black with 19" gemini's and paid $100 deposit Original est delivery of 4-8 weeks
08/08: upgraded to 20" induction's and submitted credit app
08/10: credit app approved (slight delay b/c I had to unlock TU otherwise would've prob been approved instantly)
08/10: estimated delivery window disappeared from my account page
08/10: spoke with (phone) Service Advisor at Tesla store who told me to expect delivery mid to end of Sept because my car was in "pieces" at the factory
08/11: uploaded insurance info for my current vehicle as placeholder to ensure my file was complete
08/14: spoke with (phone) Service Advisor at ACTUAL Delivery Center location who said they couldn't see the est delivery date but the original window (4-8 weeks) should still apply so expect vehicle by mid Sept
08/15 @ 10:30AM: Drove to Delivery Center and spoke with a different Service Advisor IN-PERSON who pulled up my account and showed me that the order date in Tesla's system shows 08/10 (date credit approved) Est Factory Build Date of 08/24 and Est Delivery Date of 09/02
08/15 @ 1:30PM: Received text that my Model Y delivery is ready to be scheduled

I received all necessary docs and VIN (33XXX) within an hour after the text and scheduled pickup for Wed. 08/19!

I find it ironic that I received a text for delivery after visiting the Delivery Center today but I'm not complaining.

I called and asked if the car was rejected by someone else and was told it was originally assigned to someone who is unable to pick up because they are stuck in another country due to COVID. So I'm either really lucky or they're lying about the reason.