Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ordering with delivery estimate - june-july , travelling mid july to mid aug

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I want to order model y and currently delivery estimate is june-july. I am travelling mid july to mid aug. Does tesla allow changes when u r travelling? Or i should wait for estimate to change to Aug?

I had the same issue back in late April. After I was issued VIN, right after I made arrangement for oversea travel. I was told I can only change the delivery date once and not over 2 weeks. I was given no choice but to cancel my order and lost the $250 reservation fee.

The estimate delivery window is a moving target. It can change to a much sooner date. That was my problem as I thought the delivery estimate was going to be in June. It was changed to end of April.

I would suggest you wait to place the order until you are close to coming back on your trip.

Its just gonna be a gamble, at least a small one money wise. If the car comes in when you can't take delivery, they won't hold it. You can have them release it and put your order on hold for a maximum of 14 days. They they will try to fill the order again. If you can't take delivery of that one, then they can cancel your order and you lose your $250 order fee. However, I recently turned down delivery of my second VIN after the hold expired and they put my order on hold again. This might be a special case for colorado as we have increased EV tax incentives that start July 1.