Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Order placed...but what to expect?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi All,
I’ve been reading the forums for some time trying to get a sense of several questions during this time of waiting. I know there is an active Order tracking spreadsheets, but the HI data appears to be small and not always updated.

I placed my M3 order in mid-June, but it appears if I had placed my order at the beginning of the month I would be looking at a delivery first week of July. How often is Tesla shipping cars to Hawaii, monthly or quarterly? when were you made aware of your Tesla being shipped/assigned, was it prior to shipping from California or after it had arrived at Hawaii?

In the old days, we used to find out when our vehicles were at the factory, on the dock, what ship they were on, when they arrive here in Hawaii and when we could pick them up.

When I got my 3 in 2018, I found out a week prior to my delivery date, when it was already on island and being prepared for delivery. When I got my Y two weeks ago, I found out my car was here on Saturday morning and I took delivery on Tuesday.

With the production ramp (and simplification of the options available), Tesla is just mass producing configurations of vehicles and shipping them en masse to delivery centers. The computer then matches them up to pending orders based on matching configurations and if you've already completed all your delivery paperwork requirements.

Reactions: AH-1Wmech
Thanks for the update. Are the cars shipped via Long Beach or Oakland considering Fremont is close to Oakland?

All three of my prior Teslas came from Oakland. I don't know where the Y came from since I was not told about it until it arrived on island. Once you know your VIN, assuming the vehicle is still in transit, there are ways to search on Pasha or Matson's site using VIN numbers, but the info is only available for a limited window of time while the vehicle is in transit.