Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ordered 3p.m., Delivery text at 8p.m.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello all,

I finally pulled the trigger and ordered a White on White Performance Model Y today.

My intention was to get my place in line in the system for when the production Ramos back up in a few months and take delivery then, when I can turn in my current lease.

As the title states I ordered today and received a text from Tesla a few hours later saying:

"Model Y delivery is ready to be scheduled! Select your appointment now at tesla.com/schedule/RNxxxxxxxxxx

If no appointment is selected by tonight, we will schedule the first available appointment. We are now offering an express delivery experience. Check in, complete documents on your own in your Model Y, watch tutorials on the touchscreen, and drive."

When I go to that link, only Tuesday the 24th is available with no other dates or months available.

Now obviously on my Tesla account my car is still in the "preparing for delivery" stage. I haven't done credit checks, shopped around, no vin, or even talked to anyone at Tesla.

I plan to call Tesla tomorrow and inquire because we are not ready for delivery and never thought I'd get a response about delivery 3 days later.

Do you think this text is a mistake? Or did they happen to have a cancelled White on White PUP in Tampa already?

• Informative
Reactions: RoBoRaT
I put in an order around the same time today for the same spec as you except without PUP. I have filled out all of my information, but my account is still pending credit check and trade in valuation. I did not receive a delivery text. You must have gotten lucky.

Hello all,

I finally pulled the trigger and ordered a White on White Performance Model Y today.

My intention was to get my place in line in the system for when the production Ramos back up in a few months and take delivery then, when I can turn in my current lease.

As the title states I ordered today and received a text from Tesla a few hours later saying:

"Model Y delivery is ready to be scheduled! Select your appointment now at tesla.com/schedule/RNxxxxxxxxxx

If no appointment is selected by tonight, we will schedule the first available appointment. We are now offering an express delivery experience. Check in, complete documents on your own in your Model Y, watch tutorials on the touchscreen, and drive."

When I go to that link, only Tuesday the 24th is available with no other dates or months available.

Now obviously on my Tesla account my car is still in the "preparing for delivery" stage. I haven't done credit checks, shopped around, no vin, or even talked to anyone at Tesla.

I plan to call Tesla tomorrow and inquire because we are not ready for delivery and never thought I'd get a response about delivery 3 days later.

Do you think this text is a mistake? Or did they happen to have a cancelled White on White PUP in Tampa already?

Well it’s tell you this. It’s 100% due to COVID. Many people are either cancelling or postponing deliveries.