Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ordered MX Plaid Last Week - Is This Ok?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered a MXP last week and got notification already that it’s ready for pick up a few cities over. I tracked the VIN and it was built in Feb.

My question, when I ordered my MS I had to wait a few months. Is having the car in stock a normal thing for Tesla. Now a days? Or is it possible someone’s rejected one.

Also has the X had any tweaks since February I would be missing out?

Thanks!

Reactions: dinkoh
New to Tesla as well, but ordered a Lunar Silver MXP at the end of May. While I was waiting for VIN assignment, the app was suggesting me to take other MXP configurations if I wanted an MXP sooner. If I had to guess, there was new inventory matching your configuration and that's how it was assigned? But just speculating, as again, I'm new to the ordering process as well.

As for changes between February and now, the only thing I've personally tracked so far while lurking the forums is it sounds like they removed Steam from MX starting in May (and the dedicated GPU that allowed that to work), so yours might still have that if you care about that feature.

Other than that, not sure off the top of my head what other changes might have happened over the last few months. But yeah, again total newbie here, so might have missed other details.

Reactions: oneway
I ordered a MXP last week and got notification already that it’s ready for pick up a few cities over. I tracked the VIN and it was built in Feb.

My question, when I ordered my MS I had to wait a few months. Is having the car in stock a normal thing for Tesla. Now a days? Or is it possible someone’s rejected one.

Also has the X had any tweaks since February I would be missing out?

Thanks!

You might get one that was refused for good reason and repaired, or refused for a petty reason or something fell through last minute and perfectly fine. You'd have to go over it more thoroughly than one you know was built recently. For that work, I'd hope it was discounted or I'd be tempted to pass.

At least it close enough for you to take a look. My closest one is over 200 miles away, but luckily I've had good experiences for all 3 of my Teslas.