Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Origin EV Power Up

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Fair points indeed.

You also need to factor in your 'Daily Supply' charge, 'General Usage' tariff and if you have a second smart meter, 'Controlled Load' tariff. Not overly difficult to work out your best case scenario ... although Excel is your friend.

I haven't seen the first bill yet to confirm, but it seems Origin are not changing the tariff to 8c/kWh, but rather giving me a credit for the difference between the rate they normally charge (for me 22c/kWh) and the 8c/kWh when charging the car.

Your OVO plan seems good and one worth looking at.

I think we are in interesting times. More and more EVs are coming online and the electricity retailers have realized this is a new competative market they can tap into and are throwing carrots at us to win our business.
No. Just a single meter. 1 single daily charge and general usage tariff. Whatever I use during 11am-2pm is free and during 12am-6am is charged at 8 cent per kwh. And no, I don't have to sign my car over to some random companies.