Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Origin EV Power Up

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Fair points indeed.

You also need to factor in your 'Daily Supply' charge, 'General Usage' tariff and if you have a second smart meter, 'Controlled Load' tariff. Not overly difficult to work out your best case scenario ... although Excel is your friend.

I haven't seen the first bill yet to confirm, but it seems Origin are not changing the tariff to 8c/kWh, but rather giving me a credit for the difference between the rate they normally charge (for me 22c/kWh) and the 8c/kWh when charging the car.

Your OVO plan seems good and one worth looking at.

I think we are in interesting times. More and more EVs are coming online and the electricity retailers have realized this is a new competative market they can tap into and are throwing carrots at us to win our business.
No. Just a single meter. 1 single daily charge and general usage tariff. Whatever I use during 11am-2pm is free and during 12am-6am is charged at 8 cent per kwh. And no, I don't have to sign my car over to some random companies.

Does anyone know how to link two vehicles to the EV Power Up? Settings doesn't give me any option at all.

PS: Two vehicles under two different Tesla accounts.

There is nothing special to do. I just sat in one car, set it up, then sat in the other car and set that one up. Note that I am an authorised driver on the second account though.

Can someone please help me with something here?

I signed up today, but despite the Origin documentation telling me I need to set up using my key card, it didn't prompt me with anything. It seems to just have continued setting it up. When I look at the Keys list on my vehicle, it doesn't seem to have added anything (doco says it's meant to add an "enode" key?). I just have the usual keys there: 2 key cards and 2 mobile phones. However I can see my Tesla in the Origin app so it seems to have been set up?

I've also completed one charging session few hours ago but it does not appear in my Origin app. It just says "You haven't completed a charge session yet this month."

I have a feeling my car wasn't linked to Origin properly. Can someone confirm whether you had to use your key card and whether Enode appears in your Keys list?

Can someone please help me with something here?

I signed up today, but despite the Origin documentation telling me I need to set up using my key card, it didn't prompt me with anything. It seems to just have continued setting it up. When I look at the Keys list on my vehicle, it doesn't seem to have added anything (doco says it's meant to add an "enode" key?). I just have the usual keys there: 2 key cards and 2 mobile phones. However I can see my Tesla in the Origin app so it seems to have been set up?

I've also completed one charging session few hours ago but it does not appear in my Origin app. It just says "You haven't completed a charge session yet this month."

I have a feeling my car wasn't linked to Origin properly. Can someone confirm whether you had to use your key card and whether Enode appears in your Keys list?
Yes, I can confirm that I needed my key card and I have 'Enode Link' in my keys list.

Reactions: johnchidgey
Darn it. I'm not sure how to attempt re-linking my vehicle again. Not even sure how to remove it from my Origin account.... Any tips?
Similar issue. I signed up and canceled but can’t seem to unlink my car from the EV power up thing in the app. I’ve removed the key from the locks menu and don’t see anything on my Tesla account but still see it shows my cars % SoC after all this. Is there any way to fully unlink their access?