Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Osram Ledambient door sills

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I will receive my model S 85D by the end of may and was wondering if these lighted door sills might fit.

OSRAM LEDambient Door Entry Kit | PowerBulbs

They seem to be magnetic and since the model is is made from aluminum, these might actually not even stay put ?

Has anyone of you ever seen these products anywhere or can you confirm that the door sill area is actually magnetic ?

Thanks for your feedback
Marc

There is nothing magnetic there in the car. However, at the link you provided you can download the installation manual. It is one of those all-picture jobs with no words, highly confusing to me. From what I can tell, the magnets are provided with the kit and stick down to the existing sill surface. Then you remove the mating piece with LED's when you want to charge it. The dimensions are there in the document too. Didn't check those but I'm not convinced the vertical clearance between door and sill would allow it. In any case it doesn't sit flush. Since you are getting new car, won't you have the new logo sill plates? Would be a shame to cover those up.

There is nothing magnetic there in the car. However, at the link you provided you can download the installation manual. It is one of those all-picture jobs with no words, highly confusing to me. From what I can tell, the magnets are provided with the kit and stick down to the existing sill surface. Then you remove the mating piece with LED's when you want to charge it. The dimensions are there in the document too. Didn't check those but I'm not convinced the vertical clearance between door and sill would allow it. In any case it doesn't sit flush. Since you are getting new car, won't you have the new logo sill plates? Would be a shame to cover those up.

Musterion - thanks for your feedback. I was not even aware that the car has logo sill plates. In that case I most likely won't need this. I wish Tesla would offer an illuminated version as well : )