Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Other Europe Delivery discussion (for countries without a sub forum)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@Mr Miserable I apologize in advance if this query is wrong. I'm just a bit worried about my TM3 LR delivery that arrived in Zeebrugge last week. Just wondering if you know if the truck has left for the Czech Republic yet? Or if there are any problems with loading at the port? Because my tesla advisor told me that the delivery was supposed to take place last week and then only that there are complications in Zebrugge and the delivery date is unknown.
When was your OD of the M3LR?

Impressive how bad Tesla is.

M3LR OD 12/04 and gets a VIN
My M3P OD 14/03 and still no VIN

Great, good stuff!
Yes, I really don't understand why tesla doesn't have a better system for tracking vehicle deliveries.
This is really frustrating because I arranged everything quickly so I could pick up my car in order, but now it seems like I don't even know when I'm going to pick it up because I don't know when it will finally arrive.. Great start.. :D
At least we ordered on the same day! :Dd
I hope your delivery goes better!

• Love
Reactions: reystar
OD: 12/04/2022
got a vin weeks ago VIN 6073XX
Tesla Advisor confirmed that the car is at Zeebrugge but he says he doesn't know when the truck will leave for the Czech Republic due to some issues at Zeebrugge? :(
Someone from Denmark has also had their delivery delayed because of a problem in Zeebrugge, so you are not alone. I have no idea of the issue that's causing it.

• Love
Reactions: PavelSTI
Hi Mr Miserable and all,

Let me share my story, I've ordered to M3 RWD white/black/18" aero on the 5th of December 2021.
There were promises that I could pick the car up in March, later than May, etc.
Beginning of June, EDD changed from May to TBD and 2 weeks ago changed to 23rd on November - 6th of February(!)...
According to local Tesla Advisor, this date doesn't mean anything (which I doubt) and told me that there is a chance to have the car in Q3.
Many of us are waiting in Hungary for Q4 2021, some of them since October...
According to your info there will be a ship to Koper in this month departing the latest 31st of Aug.
What do you think can I expect that my car will arrive in September or is it no chance at all and have to wait until Q4?

thanks
The first clue will be a hidden VIN appearing in your account.
Your car could be landed in Zeebrugge, Koper or even Barcelona!
There is still a chance for a Q3 delivery at the moment.

Reactions: Cyclone_hun
Mr M., can you let me know when are the hidden VIN typically assigned (seen on the source code of the web page)? Are they usually right after the ship departs the Shanghai port? I know that this was already discussed before but I could not find it.
The reason why I am asking is because I have EDD 14 - 30 Sept and I am concerned that it will get pushed to December / January (again...).
I know that I will find out soon anyway but the reason why I would like to know now is because I also have a used car reserved that I prepaid 2000 eur for (moment of crisis because the EDD was jumping all over the place to January 2023).

M3P, Ordered on 10th of March RN1166...
I am from Slovenia

Mr M., can you let me know when are the hidden VIN typically assigned (seen on the source code of the web page)? Are they usually right after the ship departs the Shanghai port? I know that this was already discussed before but I could not find it.
The reason why I am asking is because I have EDD 14 - 30 Sept and I am concerned that it will get pushed to December / January (again...).
I know that I will find out soon anyway but the reason why I would like to know now is because I also have a used car reserved that I prepaid 2000 eur for (moment of crisis because the EDD was jumping all over the place to January 2023).

M3P, Ordered on 10th of March RN1166...
I am from Slovenia
I can't say for sure. I would just advise checking for a hidden VIN on a regular basis (as if anybody isn't doing that every 5 mins!). I used to have my Tesla account webpage permanently open on one tab and periodicaly used the VIN checker (see links) to see if anything appeared. It seems sad but I can't adequately describe the wonderful feeling when the VIN first appears. Be aware though the VIN can change if you have not been officially notified of it. I will say though that M3 supply to EU has been constricted in both Q2 and Q3 and won't restore to 'normal' until Q4. The pent-up demand will mean some orders not being satisfied until Q1 23. The Tesla business model is such that the GF produces whatever is the most efficient for the GF at the time and so your local Tesla rep genuinely has no idea when your car is likely to be produced. It is only when the cars are loaded on the ships and the VIN allocation is done that they can see what is on the way.
The EDD dates given by Tesla are so unreliable I wish they would sort it out. In my case I saw my EDD go right to Dec 22 (which I strongly suspected was nonesense) and then the VIN appeared!
All I can say is that the wait is worth it.

I can't say for sure. I would just advise checking for a hidden VIN on a regular basis (as if anybody isn't doing that every 5 mins!). I used to have my Tesla account webpage permanently open on one tab and periodicaly used the VIN checker (see links) to see if anything appeared. It seems sad but I can't adequately describe the wonderful feeling when the VIN first appears. Be aware though the VIN can change if you have not been officially notified of it. I will say though that M3 supply to EU has been constricted in both Q2 and Q3 and won't restore to 'normal' until Q4. The pent-up demand will mean some orders not being satisfied until Q1 23. The Tesla business model is such that the GF produces whatever is the most efficient for the GF at the time and so your local Tesla rep genuinely has no idea when your car is likely to be produced. It is only when the cars are loaded on the ships and the VIN allocation is done that they can see what is on the way.
The EDD dates given by Tesla are so unreliable I wish they would sort it out. In my case I saw my EDD go right to Dec 22 (which I strongly suspected was nonesense) and then the VIN appeared!
All I can say is that the wait is worth it.
Thank you very much for your reply.
The thing is that the reserved used car will be waiting only until 1st of September. I am perfectly willing to loose the 2000 eur if the new one comes in this quarter but not if it will be in Q4 or Q1 2023. I have been sharing a car (VW e-UP with 16kWh battery!) with my wife from end of March because the f*** sales agent said that the care will be before May, most likely in 1-2 weeks! I wisht I know then what I know now, how Tesla operates but I did not.
Anyway, my last hope for this quarter is GLOVIS COURAGE I guess. Hopefully, the hidden VINs will be out soon. If my car is not on it, I would expect that Tesla would move my EDD, considering how gullible they have moved is back and forward in the past and in this case it would be more deterministic.
Anyway, thanks again.

Thank you very much for your reply.
The thing is that the reserved used car will be waiting only until 1st of September. I am perfectly willing to loose the 2000 eur if the new one comes in this quarter but not if it will be in Q4 or Q1 2023. I have been sharing a car (VW e-UP with 16kWh battery!) with my wife from end of March because the f*** sales agent said that the care will be before May, most likely in 1-2 weeks! I wisht I know then what I know now, how Tesla operates but I did not.
Anyway, my last hope for this quarter is GLOVIS COURAGE I guess. Hopefully, the hidden VINs will be out soon. If my car is not on it, I would expect that Tesla would move my EDD, considering how gullible they have moved is back and forward in the past and in this case it would be more deterministic.
Anyway, thanks again.
Ha, I'm from Slovenia as well, ordered M3 LR in January and sold my car based on the information from the sales agent that M3 will come in May, possibly even in March with a little bit of luck. Here were are 8 months later and my EDD just got pushed back from Sep 20th to Nov-Dec 🤦‍♂️

• Disagree
Reactions: James7C2
I think we could form a support group for all those that got hurt by Tesla. We could call it ATV (Anonymous Tesla Vicomtes). :) I am sure someone already tough of that or had it in mind when this thread was created...
Kidding aside, I will wait until 1. September and if there is no hidden VIN by then or narrowed down delivery date, I will purchase the used car and delay the Tesla reservation as much a it will be possible. Considering their delivery problems, it should be easy to delay quite a bit...
I wish you all the best and hope you get your cars soon.