Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ottawa “Roadside” assistance

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Unfortunately I had the opportunity to call them this afternoon and can’t say I’m overly impressed.

My J1772 adapter is locked in the charging port. After 20 minutes they decided a mobile tech is required, probabl by tomorrow morning. Not exactly my definition of roadside assistance. Glad the parking lot is in a relatively safe area.

First day driving in the cold and wondering if these California Cars are actually going put up with our winters. Just glad im not in Winterpeg.

Well the call center wasn’t too helpful but Patrick the mobile tech called me. Super friendly amd helpful.

Heads up to M3 owners, the charge port getting stuck locked is a known issue. It seems a little water gets inside and freezes which prevents the solenoid from firing and unlocking the port.

He suggests leaving the rear seats running the hea for 30-40 minutes to get the cabin temperature up and melt any ice.

Tesla has this as a high priority and is working on a long term solution.

Did you try the manual release cable in the trunk? I would assume that either the "Roadside Assist" or the Ranger had you try that? If it's the solenoid, then that likely wouldn't help. But if it's something else, it might.

Reactions: 03DSG