Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Our 7-Year-Old Hopes His “Tesla Flat Stanley” Can Visit Every Supercharger

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
OK. As we say in Indiana: Lord Willin' and the Crick don't rise. I'm headed up to Angola and Mishawaka tomorrow with Flat Stanley. My wife is out of town, it's too cold to play golf, I'm burnt out on ice fishing and hunting season is over.

I have Cabin Fever and checking off two Superchargers with Stanley sounds like a good excuse to drive 500 miles. It's a big adventure for me! I'll let you all know how it goes. :smile:

Shhhhhhh. Buckeye was just an 'attempt at charging' !! There was no power there yesterday! Soooooo you may want to get an official "charging photo" as soon as Buckeye AZ comes on line!! It should be ready in a few days. It's one I'll use frequently so I'll get another photo if no one else has shortly after it comes on line!!!

Indiana (Angola & Mishawaka)

Indiana is covered! For now. Sorry about not being in the pics. It was just too cold to ask anyone to stand outside and take pics! I did meet folks at both SC's that were headed for the shindig in DC.

Angola

Stan 1 Angola.JPG
Stan 2 Angola.JPG

Mishawaka

Stan 1 Misha.JPG
Stan Misha 2.JPG

550 miles round trip. Ran into a blizzard on the way home but the MS performed beautifully and we made it home with 16 rated miles left. Note to self: Don't get impatient when the Supercharger starts to taper. You may want/need that extra 15 miles.

Thank you, Al Sherman! That road trip for no other reason at all takes care of both Supercharges in Indiana (Angola & Mishawaka). The photos are great. (Our son likes the windshield-wiper one.)

Greenwich, CT southbound. Isabel in her Tesla jacket freezing

Thank you EdA and Isabel. South-bound Greenwich (Darien?), CT is done. The list on page one of this thread has been updated. We're up to 49 now!

Greenwich and Darien are different chargers in CT! Greenwich isn't on the webste map yet (nor does it show up in the car!). Shooting for another charger today...

Darien is on 95 - a road "nobody" takes because it is so crowded. Greenwich is on the Merritt Pky a scenic (and parallel) road with no trucks!

Greenwich and Darien are different chargers in CT! Greenwich isn't on the webste map yet (nor does it show up in the car!).

Thank you for the clarification, EdA. I removed Darien from the list on page one, and correctly attributed your first photo to Greenwich, CT. (Silly me for thinking the TeslaMotors Supercharger webpage would be correct. Better to trust the guys in the field.)

And thank you for two more Superchargers -- Bethesda, MD and Glen Allen, VA. You and Isabel must be on a road trip. :)
Thank you for taking Flat Stanley along!
The list on page one has been updated. We now have 51 of the 90 reported open worldwide (76 here in the U.S.)!

And MarkR, I just don't know what to say about that photo.

Last edited:
I get this:

An unexpected server error ocurred. We are sorry for the inconvenience.
Please refresh this page or restart your browser to see if this corrects the error. If you continue to experience issues, more information may be available on our system status page.

The system status page shows that everything is operational.

I get this:

An unexpected server error occurred. We are sorry for the inconvenience.
Please refresh this page or restart your browser to see if this corrects the error. If you continue to experience issues, more information may be available on our system status page.

The system status page shows that everything is operational.

From my computer, outside the firewall, it's all working fine.

2-16-2014 4-56-13 PM.jpg

You might have some software blocking the URL or an issue with your ISP.

Here are the pics of Superchargers Flat Stanley visited over the weekend in New England during my trip to DC for the TeslaRoadTrip 2014 event.

Flat Stanley visited the following stations over the weekend:

Darien, CT south bound
Darien, CT, north bound
Milford CT, north bound

He also visited Newark DE and Bethesda, MD stations but it looks like they are already in the list.

Attachments

• IMG_20140216_223607.jpg
    IMG_20140216_223607.jpg
    894.2 KB · Views: 212
  • IMG_20140216_213651.jpg
    IMG_20140216_213651.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 219
  • IMG_20140215_105916-ERASER.jpg
    IMG_20140215_105916-ERASER.jpg
    523.2 KB · Views: 205
  • IMG_20140215_081647.jpg
    IMG_20140215_081647.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 213
Here is Flat Stanley at Glen Allen, VA. Sorry would have posted earlier, but was busy with @TeslaRoadTrip.:smile:

Thanks, ABVA. Great photo.

@David Rhee, fantastic! Three more to cross off the list: Darien, CT (south bound), Darien, CT, (north bound) and Milford CT, (north bound).
That's 54 photographed now. The list on page one of this thread has been updated.

Where are the Europeans on this project? Maybe they just don't read these U.S.-centric forums

@pgiralt, you are probably right about Flat Stanley being the recorder holder. We'd never considered that.

Maybe the first post of this thread needs the list of remaining superchargers to encourage people who live near those to pay a visit. Flat Stanley is certainly the record holder for most superchargers visited.

That is brilliant! Let me think about how to properly execute that list... thinking...