Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Our 7-Year-Old Hopes His “Tesla Flat Stanley” Can Visit Every Supercharger

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks, Lycanthrope. Flat Stanley lives on.
Super charging is a blast, isn't it?

Flat Stanley project update.
The Flat Stanley display boards have been in the Scottsdale service center for the past. I'm told they are quite popular with the walk-in traffic. And I believe an owner visiting from San Jose will be talking them back home this weekend for semi-permanent display someplace in the Tesla factory or corporate offices.

The Flat Stanley display boards have been in the Scottsdale service center for the past. I'm told they are quite popular with the walk-in traffic. And I believe an owner visiting from San Jose will be talking them back home this weekend for semi-permanent display someplace in the Tesla factory or corporate offices.

Great news. I second the thought of the factory tour.

Here's: Murdo, SD - Mitchell, SD across top
and Worthington, MN - Albert Lea, MN on bottom.

Murdo-Alb.Lea.jpg

Flat Stanley: Our Guide and Protector on the Electric Highway.
--

That's awesome! I still carry Tesla Flat Stanley with me in my Model S; there ought to be some more new superchargers opening within striking distance of Denver soon. I hope whomever takes over care of the display boards will want to keep the tradition going and add new photos of TFS as the Supercharger network expands.

I will be visiting a few of the Superchargers, I be more than happy to take flat Stanley. How can I help? I will be back in Mt.Shasta on the July 20th, 2014. Do you have to ship him to me?

This projest was originally started to support a TMC member and his son. The son was collecting these pictures for school. That school presetation is over now.

There are some people who want to keep the tradition/this thread going with additional pix of him at new SC locations. That is great.

Just thought you would like to know............

This projest was originally started to support a TMC member and his son. The son was collecting these pictures for school. That school presetation is over now.

There are some people who want to keep the tradition/this thread going with additional pix of him at new SC locations. That is great.

Just thought you would like to know............

I would love to keep the tradition going, how do I get Flat Stanley? Is there really only 1 Flat Stanley?

- - - Updated - - -

AIMc, how do I reserve a SX and PX?

I would love to keep the tradition going, how do I get Flat Stanley? Is there really only 1 Flat Stanley?

- - - Updated - - -

AIMc, how do I reserve a SX and PX?

You can send a private message to the OP of this thread for the Flat Stanley.
Based on your signature near your avatar it appears you have PX 11164 (P=Production; S=Signature)

Not sure if your son is still collecting these. Now with the SuperChargers popping up this quickly, it will be impossible to get them all covered.

Anyway, as Flat Stan was still in our car, we made some more during our vaction :)

Tesla Service center Hamburg. Not on a map, but great service by Tesla to install these while that area is not officially covered yet.

DSC_0206_Service_Center_Hamburg.JPG

Middelfart - Denmark

DSC_0210_Middelfart_Denmark.JPG

Randers - Denmark. In the background you can see the back of the Elvis Museum, located in a copy of Graceland.

DSC_0212_Randers_Graceland_Denmark.JPG

Hjorring - Denmark

DSC_0218_Hjorring_Denmark.JPG

- - - Updated - - -

Lyngdal - Norway

DSC_0221_Lyngdal_Norway.JPG

Aurland - Norway We were glad to see some daylight here.. just comming out of a 11 km tunnel, after the charging the next turn enters a 25 km long tunnel (!)

DSC_0313_Aurland_Norway.JPG

Sandane - Norway

DSC_0316_Sandane_Norway.JPG

Aspoya - Norway

DSC_0475_Aspoya_Norway.JPG

Dombas - Norway

DSC_0501.JPG

Lillehammer - Norway

DSC_0506_Lillehammer_Norway.JPG

Lier-North - Norway
Two pictures. Had to add a second one showing a very nicely wrapped Model-S. We noticed that very many of the MS's in Noways are black, then some white.. and very rarely an other colour. This friendly guy who we met wanted something different.. and succeeded very, very well :)

DSC_0544_Lier-North-1-Norway.JPG
DSC_0545_Lier-North-2-Norway.JPG

Emsburen - Germany Our last charging-stop on the way home.

DSC_0564_Emsburen-Germany.JPG

We made a fantastic trip visiting a spectacular country, actually also seeing things other than SuperChargers, such as many Fjords, waterfalls and hiking in the mountains. We hope Flat Stan also enjoyed ;-)

Last edited:
A trip from San Jose, CA to 49ers Game in AZ. On way back will take Northern Route so Flat Stanly will visit Indio even though its not operational. I did take him to Gila Bend, but cant find the pix.

Wickenburg, AZ

FS_Wickenburg.JPG

San Juan Capistrano, CA

FlatS_SanJuanCap3.JPG

Yuma, AZ
Yuma.JPG

Thanks, tamman34. I love the one of Flat Stanley sitting in the folding chair. My wife and son are actually headed on a road trip in two weeks and will probably hit 2 or three of those locations as well. If you don't mind me asking, did you recharge between San Juan Capistrano and Yuma?

Thanks, tamman34. I love the one of Flat Stanley sitting in the folding chair. My wife and son are actually headed on a road trip in two weeks and will probably hit 2 or three of those locations as well. If you don't mind me asking, did you recharge between San Juan Capistrano and Yuma?

Hi Monsoon, no problem. Yes I charged in San Diego Tesla Service Center on 40Amp (no twin chargers) on 9250 Trade Place. I charged there for 2 hours, got up to 220 miles. I arrived Yuma with 40 miles left. The first 75 miles of this leg there is a lot of incline. For peace of mind, I do suggest charging in San Diego full. When I saw myself leaving with +40 miles, then after the first 75 miles of inclines, I went from +40 to +15. Then I slowed down to 50 and 55mph, then got myself back up to +40. +40 means I left with 220 miles, but the leg was 180 miles. If I did it again, I would charge to the full 250 miles. Good Luck and have fun. I do suggest taking the Quartzsite route, you can save 3-5 hours if you are heading towards Buckeye. The trip from Costa Mesa, CA to Buckeye, AZ took me 10.5 hours.