Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Outrageous body shop bill

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I hit a deer 6 weeks ago with my 2022 M3. Buckled the hood, damaged the front bumper, left fender and pillar, chipped the windshield. The nearest approved body shop was 2 hours away. They promised "2 or 3 weeks" and it was 6. I'm not delighted by the finished product (gap issues that were not there before the hit) $21,000. Um...are you sh!tting me? Does this look like 21K? That's scary close to a total. Can anyone here tell me if this is normal? Hey I'm insured but I can't wait to see if this gets me dropped. Or the appraiser to call me out for the C+ job when I trade. If the bill was $2,100 I'd let it go but for 21 large I would expect perfection. Is this normal?

20230215_092512.jpg

Is there a copy of an itemized bill? Would be interested to see how they charged parts and labor.

On a related note, I've read that insurance for EVs are more expensive because potential expensive battery damage would mean needing to scrap an EV while a similarly-damaged ICE is cheap enough to be repaired rather than totaled.