Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Overheat and power decrease issues

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Been out on a road trip last week and was supercharging at a place 150km from home, about 15%->90% SoC. Having driven about 10km after SuC, and while overtaking, I get a sudden loss of power and warnings about "reduced power, okay to drive" and "Reduced power, try turning car off and on". (Codes dir_a103 and a126) I barely limped back home having been on call with Tesla who said it was okay to continue. Once home I plugged in my wall charger and let it charge but after an hour or so got a message that charging has stopped and that "car system overheated". Error codes are pcs_a078 and a007.

Have booked a mobile service appointment for Thursday next week but I'm curious to hear thoughts about what could be going on!

Oh, and the car is a SR+, and the error descriptions are my own translations from Swedish.

• Informative
Reactions: KenC
Interesting. My M3 is now at Tesla service center awaiting spare parts. Clearly something it wrong with the regulation of battery temperature because during the 30km drive to Tesla SC the blue cold battery icon was lit which I think means it can't heat the battery, and again power was reduced. Supposedly they are finishing on the 11th so remains to be seen what they have done to fix it. Luckily got a loaner Model S in the meantime.

• Informative
Reactions: KenC