Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Owners blog / forum?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

TEG

Teslafanatic
Aug 20, 2006
Can someone who has access to the private owners forum / blog give some sort of high level description of what it is like there?

Is it a blog just like the public blog but with owner-only questions being answered by Tesla staff?

Is it used heavily with daily postings?

The Tesla Owners' forum area tends toward quiet.  It doesn't have nearly as much posting activity as this board has had of late.

The topics and discussions focus on issues of owner expectations and product content with a few suggestions for improvements seen through the eyes of actual deposit-paying owners.  The staff will answer questions freely, but "company secrets" are few and far between.  Many of the staff answers tend toward cheerful hand holding for those customers who have yet to memorize the entire massive content of the web site and public blogs.

It's divided into sections on: forum ground rules, Tesla Motors topics, Roadster Topics, fellow owners by region, and an off (but near) topics area.  It's not wildly different from what you might imagine. It's organized as a forum like this one.

The public area blogs have all sorts of wild comments that follow on after the lead posting.  The forums don't have those official starting points to foster discussion and rely on individual owners to start a thread.  Sometimes a blog posting from the public area will audition in the owners area, but only in the case of something like the slight reduction of promised range which owners should hear about before the general public as a common courtesy.

I hope that helps.

I'll chime in agreement with W8MM, most of the Owner's Forum is pretty sedate.  The questions answered are typically rather mundane concerns.

Q: How long is the cord on the charging station?

A: 12 feet.

Q: Can I stow the soft top in the trunk?

A: Yes, there's a special place for it.

Q: Can you go back and redesign the whole Roadster to add obscure feature X for me?

A: . . .

Owners blog / forum

Q: How long is the cord on the charging station?
A: 12 feet.

Q: Can I stow the soft top in the trunk?
A: Yes, there's a special place for it.

Q: Can you go back and redesign the whole Roadster to add obscure feature X for me?
A: . . .

Oh for crying out loud!

Any chance of a discussion on the Tesla Owners Forum calling for owners willing to blog about their delivery / ownership experiences? It would be great if one or two normal people (not the celebs, obviously) would be prepared to write and post a monthly report.

These blogs could be advertised through this site.

Can someone who has access to the private owners forum / blog give some sort of high level description of what it is like there?

Is it a blog just like the public blog but with owner-only questions being answered by Tesla staff?

Is it used heavily with daily postings?

Any chance someone could take some screen shots using that good old Ctrl plus print screen and paste them??? Thanks.