Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

P100DL max power with 36.1?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
FWIW I just drove my friends M3P and my 38k P100D definitely is more responsive and quicker than his. Granted I had a slightly higher SOC which, as I understand it, impacts the M3 much more than the S'. I let him drive my S and even he said the performance difference is noticeable. I am charging to 100% and will see what my car output is and report back if anyone still cares!

The only disappointing thing to me so far (new owner) is that the car bogs for the first 5 feet or so (understandably) so the rush of acceleration is not nearly as pronounced as when I just stab it while going 10 mph or so...is this normal behavior or should they leave more violently? Perhaps I'm doing launches wrong, but my guess is that traction control is just doing what its supposed to to gain momentum and load the rear before going bananas.

FWIW I just drove my friends M3P and my 38k P100D definitely is more responsive and quicker than his. Granted I had a slightly higher SOC which, as I understand it, impacts the M3 much more than the S'. I let him drive my S and even he said the performance difference is noticeable. I am charging to 100% and will see what my car output is and report back if anyone still cares!

The only disappointing thing to me so far (new owner) is that the car bogs for the first 5 feet or so (understandably) so the rush of acceleration is not nearly as pronounced as when I just stab it while going 10 mph or so...is this normal behavior or should they leave more violently? Perhaps I'm doing launches wrong, but my guess is that traction control is just doing what its supposed to to gain momentum and load the rear before going bananas.

My P85DL is the most violent and hardest right from the first foot but I'm still on V8. It's been reported more than once that P100D owners notice a large decrease in off the line performance after a software update last year.

Are you using launch mode? Does it make a difference?

Sorry for the delay! I have tried both with and without launch mode and I think without might be slightly quicker, but I will have evidence to prove my claims shortly with my Dragy. I don't know if there is another thread about this, but I'll make a new one up if not!