Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

P3D 20" Wheels\Tires to swap with 19" Wheels\Tires.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I will be picking up a P3D this Saturday and would like to know if there is anyone out there that would be interested in swapping their 19" Sport Wheels\tires package with the 20" package off my car. The prospective 19's should have no more than a 200 miles on them. I prefer to deal with someone in the South Bay or Central Coast.

Hes right I think only the 20" rims that come with the Performance upgrade will fit, of the factory choices.

You could potentially haven the 19" rims machined by a shop that does such things, no idea if there are any structural considerations.

There's a small lip inside the performance models hub, that requires a specially machined wheel hub, or a 3 mm spacer.

Damn.....It looks like I'll have to venture into the aftermarket offerings. I have a hard time understanding how the Performance 3 has 18 inch wheels as stock but cannot accept the 19 inch sport alloys. Something along the lines of what Vines is saying is probably true. It might be interesting to try it anyway if given the chance.

T Sportline 19s on a P3D+ rattling like crazy

This thread has the info about the lip on the performance brakes.

The base model, and P3D- have the same, smaller brakes, but without a raised lip around the center of the hub, and so can use any of teslas wheels.

The P3D+ has the larger brakes and a different clearance at the hub, so require rims with a special machined lip to clear. Only the Tesla 20" wheels have this lip. Note its not the brake diameter that is a problem as properly machined 18" tsportline rims can fit over the performance brakes, however, the 18" Tesla Aeros will not fit over the rear calipers of the P3D+

Last edited:
Tesla totally bungled the marketing of the performance upgrade package. So much missing information. People that ended up wanting it didn't know they would, people that didn't want to mess with wheels didn't know they would have to.....it's not this hard.