Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

P3D- efficiency

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When ordering my P3D I struggled with the performance upgrade package question. In fact I had originally ordered the PUP with my P3D since I didn't want to feel like I had left something on the table, but then I started to think about what I had read on the differences between Model S with 19" vs 21" wheels: the loss of efficiency, faster tire wear and higher chance of rim damage from potholes. So I decided the P3D- was the more practical choice. Fast forward a few months, now having driven my P3D- on a few longer highway trips I have been pleasantly surprised. I took a trip to MSP airport and back and averaged 225 Wh/m with AC running.

Fast forward another few weeks and the temps have dropped here in MN. Today I went on a road trip to WI and back and averaged 200Wh/m efficiency on the 2nd leg of the trip (supercharger to my place) with Autopilot. This included a full power onramp launch and a few high power passes.

The outside temp was 55F and my speed alternated between 60-75mph with the flow of traffic. (Climate control was set to outside air) To put that in perspective EPA efficiency for the rated 310 mile range would be about 240Wh/m.

What are other P3D- owners seeing?

Attachments

• amazing efficiency1.jpg
    amazing efficiency1.jpg
    355.5 KB · Views: 74
  • Informative
Reactions: clostridium
I've been seeing some phenomenal range from my p3d- . Teslafi showing that since I turned on logging about 400 miles ago I'm pulling about 221Wh/mi. My drives seen to be 240 ish but I'm heavy in the foot and AC. My wife's is in the 200 range and she's much easier on the accelerator and AC than I am.

I know it's not a lot of data, only 400 miles give or take, but I with 100% charge it seems I'd easily easily blast past 310 miles