Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

P3D with Performance Upgrade and Black Interior status

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
spoke to tesla,
still no data in the end of line field in their system, meaning no VIN, no production eta, no delivery eta...fffaaaaaaaccccckkkkkk!!!!

day one, waiting outside store at 6am, 7th order of the morning at that location. converted to P+ FSD the day they adjusted the pricing.

could have ordered july 30 and got same free SC and wait time (or a month or so earlier and got the www grandfathered in as well). some friends got their cars already (2 p’s w/ white seats obviously, and awd). 2 more waiting for awd ordered after me.

i feel used, damn

should be soon, though.

Last edited:
Mar 31 '16 in line @ Dedham store, 2 reservations around 10:45 a.m. ET

Late May '18 config'd second reservation late May 2018 and then changed paint color a couple of weeks later
M3 Performance, all upgrades/options, black premium interior, with two exceptions: (1) solid black pain, (2) *no* FSD
Tue 8/20 Asked to complete credit app Tuesday, 8/20
Noticed the progress because, like so many others, I'm checking the website seemingly constantly
Tue 8/20 App approved Tuesday evening, 8/20 (could've been sooner, didn't see email, didn't check website "that often" yesterday)
for those interested: ~25% down, no trade-in (daughter showed up, grabbed the Prius I planned to trade), 3.49% interest rate​

Now awaiting delivery date & VIN

Delivery in Washington, DC - different geo than where I originally reserved

Alan

P.S. Maybe I have a VIN now, maybe I don't... not sure I care enough to go look at the HTML... Maybe that'll change as the fever continues to swirl...

Not weird at all... Is it healthy? probably not... I have trouble focusing on anything else, pay way too much attention to the Tesla stock and forum and reddit thread. Once I actually have the car; I think I will suffer some sort of weird postpartum depression.

On the plus side, In the past 2 years my personal spending has been cut dramatically. "Nope... gotta save for the car" any time a spending opportunity arose.

Also... no word on VIN yet, I can still edit... FML
IF anything, I should get mine before you as I'm further East but we shall see. I bet we get our VIN's on the same day. One can wish, right? Edit webpage still works for me as well :(

spoke to tesla,
still no data in the end of line field in their system, meaning no VIN, no production eta, no delivery eta...fffaaaaaaaccccckkkkkk!!!!

day one, waiting outside store at 6am, 7th order of the morning at that location. converted to P+ FSD the day they adjusted the pricing.

could have ordered july 30 and got same free SC and wait time (or a month or so earlier and got the www grandfathered in as well). some friends got their cars already (2 p’s w/ white seats obviously, and awd). 2 more waiting for awd ordered after me.

i feel used, damn

should be soon, though.
I called today as well. No VIN, as expected :(

Any suggestions on where to buy?
You could try https://www.autogeek.net/

Considering it. We do have a lot right now though between our house being built and our wedding in 38 days.
I would get hw now. Software can always be added later.

P.S. Go Yellow Jackets :)

Reactions: Boomer19
I was just poking around with the spreadsheet. Noticed a few things about the colors. These are, of course, all P3D+ with black seats:

Blue: no VINs or scheduled deliveries
Midnight Silver: 2-630xx, 1-729xx, 1-730xx. Deliveries scheduled from 9/5-9/22 by distance from CA
Obsidian Black: No VINs or schedule deliveries
White: 2-726xx, 1-633xx, 1-?, Deliveries from 8/24-9/1
Red: 5-632xx, Deliveries from 8/26-9/8, again favoring west coast
Silver: 1-?, Delivery on 9/8
Black: 2-724xx, 1-725xx, Deliveries 8/28-9/19, west to east

So, there's some consistency among VINs -- they seem to be assigned by color, backing up the theory that they're batching by interior color then exterior color. The VIN dates, however, are all over the place.

• Informative
Reactions: D3xDt3Reaction
Well I got my 59xxx VIN today for my P3D-. I previously had VIN 58966

They're definitely batching the colors to VINs.
Assigned 8/22 - 5920x for my P-AWD
Assigned 7/26 - 58966 for my RWD
Another guy I was talking to had 589xx also for a Blue RWD model.

This chart also would be helpful for your summary (live update) for P3Ds:
pubchart