Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Package deal?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m pre-ordered for a Cybertruck. If I want to do a solar roof and a power wall, timed for delivery of the vehicle to ensure I’m staying in that house, why hasn’t Tesla put together vehicle, solar roof, and power wall as a package? Integrated green consumer with tax incentives from States/Feds?

Because it requires more effort and organization on their part. Simply put, they are not capable of doing it at this stage.

Nor do they need to. They have more customers than they can handle both for auto and solar waiting to pay full price for whatever they can churn out.

Your solar roof and PW will likely be delivered long before the CT, so just order it and get in the queue now.

And like glide said, what's their benefit for a "package deal"? They're certainly not going to sell it to you any cheaper combined then together.

Also, I'm not sure I really see a connection between a CT and solar+PW. The CT would go wherever you go, and you can also move solar installs too. What's the point of getting them coordinated so they arrive as a "package deal"? Wouldn't you just want either one as soon as possible?

And finally, your "Integrated green consumer" works for any Tesla, not just the CT. If you're a green consumer, order a M3 or MY today.

I get the package deal idea (solar+PW specifically to power CT, former is overkill until latter acquired).

Tesla just has no reason to. They have more than enough customers in line, and real need for cash. It’s not like they’re not going to make the sales without offering a bundle.

The only viable bundle at this point is “FSD $ lock in” - they need more FSD buyers, so offer discount now so you’ll buy it later.

Where I live the power suppler is so cheap that they don’t offer any incentives to have solar installed at my home. Solar panels on the CT is never going to be a go as they don’t produce any real value for the money they would cost.