Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Brand new MY, Service refused to fix anything. Is there a private Tesla repair I can take the car to?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi, I have a week-old MY and we picked it up and logged a service ticket for cosmetic issues before taking ownership of it. Took it in for the service appointment and they refused to fix anything on it. The rear lift is askew and needs adjusting - they had 15 excuses as to why they couldn’t adjust the lift gate, and there were 2 paint chips that they applied paint to very poorly that I wanted them to improve (it looks like a 5 year old applied nail polish to the driver’s door) and the other issue was weather stripping that actually seemed to pop back into place (I hope, I’m too short to see it). So just those 2 issues, which are minor.

It seems like the warranty is pretty poor on these cars. Is there a Tesla repair place I can take my car to for repair? I’m not sure I want to leave it with Tesla they seemed to have a lot of very angry people there and a ton of cars in for service.

^^^
Sorry to hear of you experience. Here in NJ we have Branning Automotive that are certified Tesla repair for accident body work .They repair vehicles for Hertz and other rental agencies. I'm sure there must be similar certified body shops that repair Tesla's in and around your area?
You could also drive to another Tesla Service Center and explain and show the problems.
Tesla is not like Mercedes and many are just not used to the Tesla way of doing business..
Good luck to you.