Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Paint correction + opti coat 2.0 -- SF Peninsula

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

klr39

May 2, 2012
I recently had my P85 Sig Red undergo a full detail, paint correction, and Opti Coat 2.0 application. I'm thrilled with the results, as the color luster, shine, and finish smoothness are now vastly superior (I will be bringing the car to this weekend's Teslive for anyone wanting to see it in person). The difference is very noticeable, and here are the results including some before/after shots put together by the detail shop: P85 Sig Red paint correction with Opti-Coat 2.0 process photos

Background: I live near downtown San Mateo (a few miles south of SFO) and initially was looking for a convenient high quality detail of the car. As I began to research the subject I learned about Opti-Coat 2.0, which seemed like a great way to keep the car looking sharp without constant detailing/waxing (more info here: Optimum Opti-Coat 2.0 Permanent Paint Coating ). After a good deal of online research I found Auto Salon Works, which is located in nearby Belmont, and has a good reputation for quality and fair price.

Here is more info: Auto Salon Works

Excellent Yelp reviews: Auto Salon Works - Belmont, CA

Main photo gallery showing other cars: Auto Salon Works

I enthusiastically recommend Andrew and Auto Salon Works. He is a very diligent perfectionist who went way above and beyond when encountering trouble - the exact kind of person I want working on my car. His prices were also very fair, and he put in extra time into the late evening to get it done right and on time.

FYI, I have no affiliation at all with Auto Salon Works or its owner Andrew. I'm glad I found Andrew though, and thought I'd share here on the forum (where I frequently lurk). He has earned my business for the future....