Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Painting and Doors aligment issues

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi,

I received my brand new MX but for my surprise, the fenders and bumper color didn't match with the rest of the car (they are white, not pearl white). I returned the car to the SC not only for the details of the painting but also for notorious details related to misalignment in the doors and gaps.

They sent the car to a Paint Shop in West Palm Beach (European Paint & Body Shop, any reviews? ). I have read in some threads that many of the paint shops don't have pearl white and usually, they have to order that color from Tesla and also seems that this color, in particular, is difficult to apply.

My concern is in regards to the quality of the finishing. The application of color in these painting workshops have the same quality in the finish as when applying the paint in the Tesla's plant ?. Considering that only the paint will be applied to the fenders and the bumper, how to be sure that this will be equivalent to the rest of the vehicle?

Best regards,

adan

I have a multi coat pearl Model 3 and had a paint defect on my bumper. It took 3 different body shops and 4 tries just to get the paint to match. It is a very challenging colour to match, and every body shop told me it’s a problem.

There is no difference in the quality of the paint compared to the factory.

White is an amazing colour, but if you’re picky like me, a darker colour would be easier.

I have a multi coat pearl Model 3 and had a paint defect on my bumper. It took 3 different body shops and 4 tries just to get the paint to match. It is a very challenging colour to match, and every body shop told me it’s a problem.

There is no difference in the quality of the paint compared to the factory.

White is an amazing colour, but if you’re picky like me, a darker color would be easier.

Thanks for your reply...I have not received my car yet from the SC but I knew that the SC just returned the car to the Body shop twice, one of them because of the color didn't match. I should receive the car back on Thursday according to the SC but I am a little skeptical about the quality of the painting.

Adan