Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pairing Key Fob

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2022 Model X Key Fob has a different technology from the older ones. Therefore, if you have a fob from an older model, it will not pair to a 2022 Model X. I just bought a new one, and tried for an hour to get a key fob from my 2019 to work. I finally called service and they said that the 2022 Model X requires a new fob. If anyone reading this is interested in buying my old ones, they are for sale. If ur interested please let me know.

I just paired my fob without battery inside. Open brand new fob I ordered in 2020 for my cancelled Y. Got my X Plaid last Friday, decide to pair the fob. didn't realized there's no battery inside. pairing process completed, but nothing works. realized no battery , pop battery in, works like a charm. So how did it pair without battery? is their a low voltage battery in the fob that we're not aware of?

-ThinkMac-

That is incorrect. I have moved the fob from my Model 3 to my Model X back and forth several times. It will only work one car at a time. Obviously the Model 3 fob has no side buttons to operate the Falcon Wing doors, but all other functions work normally.
How are you doing this then? I've got a '17 X with a fob that stopped working after a battery replacement, two dealerships couldn't get it to work so I had to buy another for almost $200 but I'd still like to get my old one working.

How are you doing this then? I've got a '17 X with a fob that stopped working after a battery replacement, two dealerships couldn't get it to work so I had to buy another for almost $200 but I'd still like to get my old one working.
The fob for a 2017 is entirely different and not user programmable. The fob I was discussing was for a 2022 X and a 2019 3