Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Panasonic vs. Hanwha?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks Dan! Really appreciate it.

I'm in NJ and looking at Solar. I received quotes from multiple local installers as well as SunPower.

1. LG 7.14kw system ~$20k
2. Axitec 7.2kw system - ~$18k
3. Hanwhah Q-cell 7.035kw system - $19k
4. SunPower system - ~$26k

Tesla solar upto 8.1kw system for ~$16k.

Tesla is definitely cheaper, but would like to know other's experience with Tesla Solar.

@Dare - did you end up going with Tesla solar and the Hanwhah panels?

I'm in NJ and looking at Solar. I received quotes from multiple local installers as well as SunPower.

Tesla is definitely cheaper, but would like to know other's experience with Tesla Solar.

I ordered a 16.32 XL system with Tesla and in process. After tax credit and referral, it cost me 21K. Using Hanwa Q-Cell 340W panel and solaredge inverters

I ordered a 16.32 XL system with Tesla and in process. After tax credit and referral, it cost me 21K. Using Hanwa Q-Cell 340W panel and solaredge inverters

Thanks. That sounds like a great deal. $1.28/W. Good luck on the process. Let us know if you have any additional useful information to share from your experience as you continue down the path.

Yes I did. I would definitely recommend.

Yesterday it generated 71 kWh, 77 the day before.

Just completed my install in NJ with Tesla Energy. I got the 8.1kw system with 2 Powerwalls. My experience is that Tesla's communication wasn't great but once you got ahold of someone they generally tried to help you. You have to be proactive with them. The installers were very good and many of them have been with the company a long time. They take pride in their work and were very professional. They also liked to have fun. It made the process more pleasant.

After my township inspection, I was lucky enough to get a visit from their quality assurance guy for an inspection. He went over everything with a fine tooth comb. The only thing he found was some damage to my shingles where the installers attached their anchors. He was able to fix it to my satisfaction with some adhesive. He offered to have the shingle replaced but I didn't think it was necessary.

If you have any other questions feel free to send me a message.

So I initiated a solar purchase on the Tesla website two days ago. I uploaded the required documents and they had a proposal formulated and sent to me yesterday, which is a bit too fast since I want to get other bids and make some financial moves to foot the bill. Anyway, they’re on it.

What they’re proposing is the following: (I live in central Florida)

X-Large - 15.12 kW
Est. yearly production: 22,841 kWh

Hanwha 315W premium black panels

SolarEdge inverter

$34,400

I’m totally new to this and trying to figure it all out. I’ve read that the Panasonic panels are better quality but it appears that the Hanwha panels now come with a 25 year warranty? I haven’t had a chance to discuss it with Tesla yet but I wanted to see what the experience has been with this product.

edit: 12 year material warranty and 25 year output warranty.

Hello, how did this purchase go? How are the panels doing?
I am getting a quote for the Hanwha 340W SolarEdge inverter. Large - 12.24 kW Est. yearly production: 20,577 kWh.
I would like to know your thoughts on this install.
Thank you in advance.

Just completed my install in NJ with Tesla Energy. I got the 8.1kw system with 2 Powerwalls. My experience is that Tesla's communication wasn't great but once you got ahold of someone they generally tried to help you. You have to be proactive with them. The installers were very good and many of them have been with the company a long time. They take pride in their work and were very professional. They also liked to have fun. It made the process more pleasant.

After my township inspection, I was lucky enough to get a visit from their quality assurance guy for an inspection. He went over everything with a fine tooth comb. The only thing he found was some damage to my shingles where the installers attached their anchors. He was able to fix it to my satisfaction with some adhesive. He offered to have the shingle replaced but I didn't think it was necessary.

If you have any other questions feel free to send me a message.

Hello, how did this purchase go? How are the panels doing? Which type of panels did Tesla install?
How long was the install process? I did have to reach out to Tesla to get my proposal so I understand their lack of good communication.
I am getting a quote for the Hanwha 340W SolarEdge inverter. Large - 12.24 kW Est. yearly production: 20,577 kWh.
I would like to know your thoughts. Thank you in advance.