Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Panel Gaps

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

chronopc

Jul 8, 2017
California
I was wondering if anyone had a guide/pictures on how to check the panel gaps to make sure they are aligned.

I noticed yesterday that something is off with my trunk. The gaps on the driver side is much wider than the one on the other side.

Had the same problem from a late April delivery. In the body shop with tesla now.
20180527_111727.jpg

I was wondering if anyone had a guide/pictures on how to check the panel gaps to make sure they are aligned.

I noticed yesterday that something is off with my trunk. The gaps on the driver side is much wider than the one on the other side.

Just walk around the car and see if you notice something. If you think something looks off, like your trunk, then show it to the SC. In general there is nothing wrong with panel gaps, unless they leak, but if you think it hurts the aesthetics of your car, then let them fix it.

If they fix it, look out for scratches and such when you get it back, sadly happens too often.

Did they send yours to Highway Autobody in Rockland too? I was really satisfied with the end result, not the wait. They do good work though.

No idea. I asked for an update on Friday and they didn't have any information. I'll have to reach out today and see where they sent it and if there's an ETA update. 1 week and no update.

They're also fixing the misaligned tailight (perhaps related to the trunk) and some paint swirls on the hood that were pretty bad in the sunlight.

Attaching picture again in case it's not working...

Attachments

• 20180527_111727.jpg
    20180527_111727.jpg
    371.6 KB · Views: 104
  • 20180428_111407.jpg
    20180428_111407.jpg
    305.6 KB · Views: 113
No idea. I asked for an update on Friday and they didn't have any information. I'll have to reach out today and see where they sent it and if there's an ETA update. 1 week and no update.

They're also fixing the misaligned tailight (perhaps related to the trunk) and some paint swirls on the hood that were pretty bad in the sunlight.

Attaching picture again in case it's not working...
The misaligned taillight is exactly the issue I have. The trunk itself looks okay but the driver side taillight is sticking out much more than the left. I'm fine with the panel gap, I just want both sides of my car to match.