Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Park assist is degraded

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi All! Im new. Im francene. I have a model 3 and just noticed today that the warning “park assist is degraded” can someone tell what i did to make this show up. I had the free month of self drive etc and it ended. Should i stikl be able to auto park? OMG i love that feature! Im not the best of a driver and im a horrible parker. Thanks for your input peeps

I had the free month of self drive etc and it ended. Should i stikl be able to auto park?

Auto park is a feature of FSD. To see what the difference in the feature set is, you can refer to Teslas website on it:

============================================

Autopilot​

Autopilot includes the following functionality and features:
  • Traffic-Aware Cruise Control: Matches the speed of your vehicle to that of the surrounding traffic
  • Autosteer: Assists in steering within a clearly marked lane, and uses traffic-aware cruise control

Full Self-Driving Capability

Your vehicle will be able to drive itself almost anywhere with minimal driver intervention and will continuously improve. In addition to the functionality and features of Autopilot, Full Self-Driving capability also includes:
  • Navigate on Autopilot: Actively guides your vehicle from a highway’s on-ramp to off-ramp, including suggesting lane changes, navigating interchanges, automatically engaging the turn signal and taking the correct exit.
  • Auto Lane Change: Assists in moving to an adjacent lane on the highway when Autosteer is engaged.
  • Autopark: Helps automatically parallel or perpendicular park your vehicle, with a single touch.
  • Summon: Moves your vehicle in and out of a tight space using the mobile app or key.
  • Smart Summon: Your vehicle will navigate more complex environments and parking spaces, maneuvering around objects as necessary to come find you in a parking lot.
  • Autosteer on City Streets
  • Traffic and Stop Sign Control: Identifies stop signs and traffic lights and automatically slows your vehicle to a stop on approach, with your active supervision
The currently enabled Autopilot and Full Self-Driving features require active driver supervision and do not make the vehicle autonomous. Full autonomy will be dependent on achieving reliability far in excess of human drivers as demonstrated by billions of miles of experience, as well as regulatory approval, which may take longer in some jurisdictions. As Tesla’s Autopilot and Full Self-Driving capabilities evolve, your vehicle will be continuously upgraded through over-the-air software updates.

======================================

As shown in the list of features, the only thing with autopilot (which is presumably what you had before you got the FSD update, but you didnt say what year your model 3 is) is traffic aware cruise control and autosteer. Everything else, including auto park, is a feature of FSD (or enhanced autopilot if that is available to you).

Auto park is a feature of FSD. To see what the difference in the feature set is, you can refer to Teslas website on it:

============================================

Autopilot​

Autopilot includes the following functionality and features:
  • Traffic-Aware Cruise Control: Matches the speed of your vehicle to that of the surrounding traffic
  • Autosteer: Assists in steering within a clearly marked lane, and uses traffic-aware cruise control

Full Self-Driving Capability

Your vehicle will be able to drive itself almost anywhere with minimal driver intervention and will continuously improve. In addition to the functionality and features of Autopilot, Full Self-Driving capability also includes:
  • Navigate on Autopilot: Actively guides your vehicle from a highway’s on-ramp to off-ramp, including suggesting lane changes, navigating interchanges, automatically engaging the turn signal and taking the correct exit.
  • Auto Lane Change: Assists in moving to an adjacent lane on the highway when Autosteer is engaged.
  • Autopark: Helps automatically parallel or perpendicular park your vehicle, with a single touch.
  • Summon: Moves your vehicle in and out of a tight space using the mobile app or key.
  • Smart Summon: Your vehicle will navigate more complex environments and parking spaces, maneuvering around objects as necessary to come find you in a parking lot.
  • Autosteer on City Streets
  • Traffic and Stop Sign Control: Identifies stop signs and traffic lights and automatically slows your vehicle to a stop on approach, with your active supervision
The currently enabled Autopilot and Full Self-Driving features require active driver supervision and do not make the vehicle autonomous. Full autonomy will be dependent on achieving reliability far in excess of human drivers as demonstrated by billions of miles of experience, as well as regulatory approval, which may take longer in some jurisdictions. As Tesla’s Autopilot and Full Self-Driving capabilities evolve, your vehicle will be continuously upgraded through over-the-air software updates.

======================================

As shown in the list of features, the only thing with autopilot (which is presumably what you had before you got the FSD update, but you didnt say what year your model 3 is) is traffic aware cruise control and autosteer. Everything else, including auto park, is a feature of FSD (or enhanced autopilot if that is available to you).
Is it just me or have there been so really weird posts recently by people with completely broken grammar and weird sentences? Anyway...

I thought that error was only for cars with the ultrasonic sensors. I've had that happen to me twice.

Is it just me or have there been so really weird posts recently by people with completely broken grammar and weird sentences? Anyway...

I thought that error was only for cars with the ultrasonic sensors. I've had that happen to me twice.

It might be (an error only on cars with ultrasonic sensors). The OP here just says "I have a model 3" so we dont know what year / model etc.