Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Park Assist - How to. I only have basic auto pilot.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have 2023.44.30.5.1 with only Autopilot. Yesterday, I was cleaning the car with snow on it and when I went to park it, it said, Park assist unavailable. I was convinced that this feature was only coming with the Full self or enhanced Autopilot. If this is not an error, how do I activate it and how do I know if I have the 3d map of the surrounding since I do not see it. I purchased the car in Feb 2019.

I have 2023.44.30.5.1 with only Autopilot. Yesterday, I was cleaning the car with snow on it and when I went to park it, it said, Park assist unavailable. I was convinced that this feature was only coming with the Full self or enhanced Autopilot. If this is not an error, how do I activate it and how do I know if I have the 3d map of the surrounding since I do not see it. I purchased the car in Feb 2019.
I believe the message you were receiving was the sensors were blocked so the audible park assist features you would normally get were compromised.

Even basic AP comes with Park Assist. Park Assist for cars with USS (ultrasonic sensors which your 2019 car comes with) show up as pings.
https://www.tesla.com/ownersmanual/model3/en_us/GUID-005E1645-B0F5-49A0-9C59-44828B60D184.html

Example here:
parking-chimes.jpg

Only the cars without USS get the new 3D model.