Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Parking at Tesla Martin Place

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Interesting that Tesla closed its Martin Place store in January 2021 and it went largely unnoticed. Seems like no-one here commented on it at the time. I only found out today after a random trip across the internet.

It would have been a very expensive store to run. Good for raising brand recognition perhaps, but possibly little else. I suspect it never really earned its keep.

It would have been a very expensive store to run. Good for raising brand recognition perhaps, but possibly little else. I suspect it never really earned its keep.

I think it probably did what they needed it to in the early days, I went there a few times and it was always really busy with casual passer-by type people.

It was also a pretty bad place for a test drive.

Reactions: Vostok
Was a good choice to move out with Covid killing the city.
But I think it did its job in getting the brand out there.

Much like Chadstone in Sydney.

Actually not much in Sydney left from the initial entry - St.Leonards service and superchargers gone, Star City chargers gone, Martin Place gone.

Interesting that Tesla closed its Martin Place store in January 2021 and it went largely unnoticed. Seems like no-one here commented on it at the time. I only found out today after a random trip across the internet.

I used to work close to that Tesla store in Martin Place. I think it was good location for brand recognition. Most people who worked in the city used to visit that store just casually to check Tesla cars. Actually I also came to know recently that they closed that store.