Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Parking brake bizarre malfunction

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My car tells me there’s a parking brake fault and that the parking brake doesn’t fully release when driving. It also may not be fully activated when the car is parked. It also makes a clicking noise when I drive (only when up to 15 mph since that started) but I’m not sure if it’s from the parking brake. Has anyone had experience with anything like this?

IMG_20191027_135404.jpg
I just had that happen today. I had numerous faults including the parking brake, ABS system, steering, park assist and several others, and the car would not drive. I am waiting for a tow truck and I will update the forum on what they find.

My car tells me there’s a parking brake fault and that the parking brake doesn’t fully release when driving. It also may not be fully activated when the car is parked. It also makes a clicking noise when I drive (only when up to 15 mph since that started) but I’m not sure if it’s from the parking brake. Has anyone had experience with anything like this?

Didn't see this back in January. Did you ever get any resolution on it?

This is happening to me right now on a 2019 model. Its been in the garage for the past 2 weeks. They are still searching for the logs. Rats shoudln't be my problem since I park in the garage which has other things, and I don't see rodents. Any updates G8rbev?